Technomate TMS 1000 D

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
How can i insert manually C Band transponders?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You dont. Its a Ku band only receiver!

rage99

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD-3000IP
Infinity USB Phoenix
T-Rex Supermodule 4.6
50" Pioneer Plasma HD
My Location
West Midlands
its what u get when u buy a cheapy receiver m8

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rage99 said:
its what u get when u buy a cheapy receiver m8

it is also the C band lnb and the need for a greater diameter dish size not just the receiver that allows C band reception

karl200607

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky hd,sky + with multiroom, 1.1m dish on thor 1w for the moment with tm1500ci ,Panasonic viera 42' plasma tv
My Location
Ireland
Hi everyone
i am new to this forum and i was just wondering can anyone please advise me on what would be the best technomate reciever to go for for a resonable price that is easily patchable thankyou

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
karl200607 said:
Hi everyone
i am new to this forum and i was just wondering can anyone please advise me on what would be the best technomate reciever to go for for a resonable price that is easily patchable thankyou

Would have been better to start new thread my friend..
But without doubt TM-1500Ci+ Super is the TM to buy, the non Super has slower blind scan, but slightly more responsive tuner..

As for the Tm-1000 series being Ku only... Wrong....... They will handle C-Band. You need to have a C-Band LNB, you then go into the satellite installation menue and change lnb type to OCS and the set the lnb peramitters. To manuall scan you then go to advanced scan and just simply type in the frequency and SR you want to scan....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thanks for that update/correction Nitro - thats part of the menu Ive never found! :D

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
Analoguesat said:
Thanks for that update/correction Nitro - thats part of the menu Ive never found! :D

C-Band is sadly limited for the bigger dish players, I have been thinking of doing some C-band experimentation (just to kill the boredom of whats around ATM). C-Band lnb's are now pretty cheap from the states.. (It's dying out over there) So I first checked that the TM could handle before I go for the investment.. :) (Blooming carriage is more than the LNB :-rofl2 )

The 1.5m dish I run is probably on the smaller side for C-Band, but I guess its worth a play...

karl200607

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky hd,sky + with multiroom, 1.1m dish on thor 1w for the moment with tm1500ci ,Panasonic viera 42' plasma tv
My Location
Ireland
Thankyou for the reply nitro b can u tell me what channels or packages it can open thanks again

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
karl200607 said:
Thankyou for the reply nitro b can u tell me what channels or packages it can open thanks again

ATM No.... Still not setup myself...
Most of the stuff is on Nilesat, Badr and others.
A lyngsat search should give you an idea. Other than that get a copy of Satcodx world of satellites program, that will let you know what available..

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
Thanks NitroB for guiding me on the input of C band transponders.I know OCS is part of the LNB Type(what does it stand for?) however,i use single/5150,which i have used on all my C band LNB,s.In South Africa where i am located ,13 Satellites are available for C band viewing,from E78,5 to W24,5 on my Polar Mount,2,4 mesh dish.
NitroB your 1,5 M dish will only do for very strong C band signals.I do not know what is available over Europe ,but see what you can receive.
Rage99,as far as i am concerned the above receiver is value for money,bearing in mind that What Satellite gave it a rating of 86% as far back as May 2006.
Can someone please tell me the difference between the TM 1000 D and the TMS 1000 D.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
@ wium,

The TMS has a more sensitive tuner for the weaker transponder's.

And as you say wium the Technomates are excellent value for money, some people just like throwing their money away.