Technomate

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Chaparral receiver Irte 1.8m Dish
Anyone have any information on the new Technomate motorised 36v postioner receiver?

Many thanks in advance

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tried both these websites the ones with 36volt postioners with azimuth and incline tracking are all sold out.

Thanks

Rob
Rob said:
Try these two web-sites, they are both trying to sell Technomate's but they also give a lot of information about the new Technomate receivers, including those using 36volt postioner.

http://www.toshiba-direct.co.uk/Technomate.htm

http://www.technomate.com/home.php

I think the one that MIGHT interest you is the TM-5500CIP Plus, but look at the others as well.

Happy hunting
Rob

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Could try this supplier to see if they have them in stock -

_www.satellitesuperstore.com/technomate.htm

Llew

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tried every supplier listed on the technomate web site, like looking for rocking horse droppings, not even listed on satellitesuperstore's website.

Thanks Llew
Llew said:
Could try this supplier to see if they have them in stock -

_www.satellitesuperstore.com/technomate.htm

Llew

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Must admit not the easiest receivers to track down, but I found this one a TM5500DAPCI for £249 + £10 delivery at www.stuff4tv.co.uk.
It is a digital/analogue receiver + 2 common interface + 36volt normal positioner.
If I was you I would continue looking for may be a cheaper one, or a different type.

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rob

The one listed is a TM5000DAPCI, I would like the TM55000DAPCI, I have been told if a new CAM comes out it will be usless as the receiver needs new software as it is no longer supported by Technomate I don't know if this true.

Please correct on this.

Thanks for trying Rob.

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
Hi Longreach

I have a Technomate 5500DAPCI. Using an actuator. But it has a 36V positioner inbuilt so you can us H to H motors, USALS etc. Got my setup from WWW.Satellitesuperstore.co.uk. Great bunch of guys who gave me some good advice.

Also try www.wizardsatellite.co.uk These guys have been very helpful in my hobby.They'll get you up and running with what you need.

Hope this helps you in your quest;)

Best regards
Pompeyblue

We're in the Premireship..the Scummers are not (Southampton):D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
longreach said:
The one listed is a TM5000DAPCI, I would like the TM55000DAPCI, I have been told if a new CAM comes out it will be usless as the receiver needs new software as it is no longer supported by Technomate I don't know if this true.

I don't know if it will be useless as I don't have this type of Technomate receiver, but it is correct that that Technomate no longer supply updates for the TM5000DAPCI. They supply updates for the 5000 ci/d/da/aci/apci receivers as they do for the 5500 dapci/daci/da/d super/d series.

Hope this helps as it bloody well confuses me.

:-doh!

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
So Technomate driopped out completely from selling receivers with built-in 36v positioner?

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I know the spec of this receiver and is the only one suitable for my dish setup.

The last updates listed on the Technomate website are from December 2003, they maybe third party software around; any information on this would be helpful.

I believe there are new receivers being launched from Technomate soon, which may include 36volt postioners.

This why I requested any information on these receivers!

Thanks Rob and Likvid
Likvid said:
So Technomate driopped out completely from selling receivers with built-in 36v positioner?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
longreach said:
The last updates listed on the Technomate website are from December 2003, they maybe third party software around; any information on this would be helpful.

Alsat still do software for Technomate 5000 & 5500 (as long as it does not have HER117) series on there website at www.alsat.co.uk/shop/page.php?id=3

They also sell (so they say) the TM-5500DACIP with 36 volt normal positioner for £219

longreach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thanks Rob

The software is from 2003, software is still available from Technomate.

Contacted Alsat by email asking if they have stock got no reply, so I don't want to deal with companies is just bad customer support allegedly.

They may be something on the horizon lets wait and see!
Rob said:
Alsat still do software for Technomate 5000 & 5500 (as long as it does not have HER117) series on there website at www.alsat.co.uk/shop/page.php?id=3

They also sell (so they say) the TM-5500DACIP with 36 volt normal positioner for £219