technomate

hieveryone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sr 1902 vc
My Location
surrey
hi

i bought a reciever http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5806503266 which is technomate 1000d, but there are alot of scrambled channels. it says the reciever has been patched, and i dont think there are any slots for cards to unscramble the channels. is there any other way to unscramble these channels?

thanx

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
How can anyone possibly answer such a vague question??
What channels were you expecting that you are not getting??
what satellite are you pointing at???
Just a moment I'll get my crystal ball. O-Ha

The patch is an illegal piece of software which gets outdated as counter measures are taken, keys are changed etc. This can happen on a daily weekly or monthly basis. There are no guarantees with this hobby just because someone can put together a convincing advert on Ebay doesn't mean he can stop these counter measures being applied to specific transmissions. Did you not consider that aspect before buying?? Your only choice is to repatch if you are convinced you are not getting what you should.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Despite the wording on the advert you arent going to find much open on 19E - the Spanish provider on Astra 1 went secure again a couple of weeks ago.

REBEL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm dish
twin lnb
fortec star receiver
stab HH120 motor
My Location
middlesex
Also, if you go to Technomate's website they've got a new software patch september 2005, learn how to add Technomates updates to your receiver, I'm not telling you to do it, it's totally up to you,

Good Luck, happy viewing

I'm still learning

Prague68er

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None yet
My Location
Prague Czech Republic
REBEL said:
Also, if you go to Technomate's website they've got a new software patch september 2005, learn how to add Technomates updates to your receiver, I'm not telling you to do it, it's totally up to you,

Good Luck, happy viewing

I'm still learning

Hi REBEL,

I've been reading up as I'm a real newby. I have yet to put a system together. At the moment I want to learn what I can so that I don't get my fingers burned. Please tell me if these patches you spoke of are for pc-dummies or would I have to highly I.T.-literate to employ them?

Prague68er

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
An average user can apply most of them easily enough. Thre golden rule is not to interrupt the data transfer whilst the software is being copied over. That can corrupt the receiver beyond repair.

J

Jeff_19341

Quote "An average user can apply most of them easily enough."

Well that's certainly put me in my place, meet the computer moron:-doh! . Mind you reading posts on other boards I am in good company:) .
At least I have found out what the "jumping sacks" are, the're full of jumbucks that didn't manage to hide from the swagman;) .

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
JuMbuCk said:
Quote "An average user can apply most of them easily enough. "Well that's certainly put me in my place, meet the computer moron:-doh! .

It's the same with most things in life "they are only easy when you know how to do them".
Four months ago I had never downloaded any software via my PC and at first found it difficult, but with a little guidance and a bit of effort I managed to download my first patch and now can do it with my eyes closed.
It is quite easy, but for your first few steps will PM you if you require help.
Believe me it is worth the effort.
Rob

PS. Will have to let me know what type of receiver:- TM-1500ci+

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
hieveryone said:
which is technomate 1000d, but there are alot of scrambled channels. it says the reciever has been patched, and i dont think there are any slots for cards to unscramble the channels. is there any other way to unscramble these channels? thanx

As you say there are no cam or card slots on the TM-1000D, so the only way to unscramble any channels is with the patch.
It will unscramble a lot of GOOD channels, but of course not everything.

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
also, you can buy a card reader add-on to put in the 1000d which can read any card!