technomate

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
HI i bought a technomate 5000d reciever a\few weeks ago. The one i was sold does not look like any ive seen on any web site.The one i got has three buttons to the left and to the right it looks like a card slot but you cannot open the flap.SO was i sold the right reciever? ps It works fine but just wondering. :confused

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have a ci5000 model ,it is right they all look the same but with internal differences, they seem to use the same board with add ons,that explains the card flap that does not open but you may have been better to buy the ci version as this can come in useful at some later date.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I had a look at the Technomates at Myers Satellite. Each model seems to have a different front panel layout; there doesn't seem to be any common 'family' look. All in all they don't look too pretty but at that price you probably don't care.

The salesman told me Myers are discontinuing other makes to concentrate on Technomate. As a result they're selling the remaining stock of Echostar, Aston, etc. receivers at a good price. E.g., they had an Echostar DSB-808 2CI Via at £170 compared to £220 elsewhere.

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
ALSO is it possible to get interactive services on 19 east on a technomate 5000d . thanx:confused

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Does it look like this one?
0107dy-telecom1.jpg

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
No it has TECHNOMATE writen on the left side above the power buton. THEN in the middle theres a circle where the channel numbers are shown.And a silver remote. :-cheers anyway.

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Sorry m8, can't be of further help on this one.

However, I would suggest that you call/email Technomate support and figure out which one you've got.

Good luck