Technomate

steviewilson

My Location
pj::
Got an offer of a brand new Techie 5500 plus Matrix cam for £175. Worth it? All then I would need is a dish, lnb and motor, yes? what about a positioner? I have an elvis, would I need another programmer? I read that these dont need a card, is that correct or is it just a card for conex? Is that a Titanium card then? I live in Glasgow, so should a 1m dish be enough? If knobbys site shows a game FTA does that mean its available to watch by everyone without a decryption method? thanks

Stevie

Razor

My Location
Ireland
steviewilson said:
Got an offer of a brand new Techie 5500 plus Matrix cam for £175. Worth it? All then I would need is a dish, lnb and motor, yes? what about a positioner? I have an elvis, would I need another programmer? I read that these dont need a card, is that correct or is it just a card for conex? Is that a Titanium card then? I live in Glasgow, so should a 1m dish be enough? If knobbys site shows a game FTA does that mean its available to watch by everyone without a decryption method? thanks

Stevie

It is always hard to say yes to a deal on a reciver as all people have their ideas on what is good and what is bad. But the TM has a good name and with the MR will pull in a lot of channels. The MR will do all hacked channels, no card needed. But for stuff in conax you need a titanium card, this goes into the MR and works fine.

If a channel is FTA...Yes is is viewable by all...no cards needed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Sky minidish is probably too small for what you require, it is possible to use the zone 2 minidish on a DiseqC motor if you doctor the skew setting on the LNB. You cannot use the LNb on another dish.