(tecnisat)skystar usb vs skystar usb plus

caroon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax f1
My Location
under the sky!!!oOo!!!
as far i found that the 1st one has ss2 chipset but the plus one doesnt specify that even on the manual so i ask for help from a owner to tell me

the only dif i found is that the usb plus supports usb2 instead of the non plus that supports usb1

think i would buy ssusb plus but i have to ask if it can run and is compatible with progdvb??(and all the rest happy tools?)

;)

mpc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar1 PC Card
My Location
Manchester UK
I have a SkyStar USB Plus. It is okay, but not as well supported as PC cards.

I am using Astra 19.2e

It is great for Free to Air Channels using the technisat software. (which does not support plugins of course)

I have tried almost all of the available DVB software. My main complaint is that it is unable to switch transponders in altdvb, so you have to first switch to that transponder in another program. Altdvb will work then and is capable of reliable dual audio recordings with this box. (the bda drivers in progdvb do not allow full transport stream recording)

As for ProgDVB, well performance is patchy. Using S2EMU It works perfectly on Digital+ but crashes randomly on some of the FTA french channels and more recently the german premiere channels. I have tried running it on a different PC with the same results. Also using my SkyStar1 card I don't have these problems.

I would say if you have a PCI slot then get a SkyStar2 PCI card.

I think the drivers for the SkyStar usb plus are just not developed enough yet (also tried the new beta drivers from technisat).