telestar

newbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
techomate tm 7755 1m
Hi Guy,

My friend has just purchase a system TELESTAR ASTRA/EUTELSAT Free-To-Air System from it as an 80cm dish + 2 lnbs. Its says it is suitable for static reception of hotbird and astra 1. Will this system pick up astra 28.2 ...and if so what happens to the other LNB (will this be pointing at thin air)???. I have a motorised system so there is no problem. On a static system like the above when you move the dish do you always have to re-tune??

Cheers

blue_corner.gif

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The system is designed to pick up the two satellites without moving the dish, I presume that it also has a DiseqC switch to change between the two LNBs. You can pick up those three birds on a single dish, but you need a bigger offset bracket and a four way DiseqC switch (plus of course an extra LN:cool:.

newbridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
techomate tm 7755 1m
Thanks Rolf,

Yes it has a DiseqC switch, But will it be capable of receiving astra 28.2 and if so is there any other sat that the other LNB can use while receiving 28.2.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can turn it to 28.2, but the LNB holder is fixed at 6 degrees, so only a satellite pairing which fits that parameter is possible.