Teletext ?

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
I am not sure if this the right place to post my queries.

Can anyone help me in getting answers regarding Teletext.

I want to know how do I get teletext decoded. First thing is how is it transmitted. I seen it work in a hotel room in Paris where I could select the news from the remote.

I have a TV capture card that supports Teletext. I connected my Satellite Receiver by the A/V cables to the TV card Composite input and even tried Antenna input.

I believe that BBC transmits Teletext. I have my dish tuned to Nilesat and I receive BBC. I also have a dish for Asiasat3S. I searched the SatcoDX site for Teletext transmitted channels and some PTV channel also sends Teletext. But none of them are decoded.

Am I doing the right thing to receive/test Teletext.

can anyone tell me which channels send Teletext on these satellites and how do I connect the Satellite Receiver to my TV capture card (on the PC) to get Teletext.

Thanks in advance.

Jude

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that you will have any luck with text on your PC tuner card Jude, it requires a text stream on the UHF input.

Not sure whether BBC World transmit any text aside from subtitles.

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
rolfw said:
Don't think that you will have any luck with text on your PC tuner card Jude, it requires a text stream on the UHF input.

Not sure whether BBC World transmit any text aside from subtitles.

If my digital receiver can receive Text from any channel will it transmit it on UHF. My TV card can receive UHF.

regards,
Jude

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No I'm afraid that it won't Jude.

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
rolfw said:
No I'm afraid that it won't Jude.

Thanks rolfw

How do I use the Teletext feature of my receiver. The manual of my receiver say it has VBI Teletext. I have a Fortecstar FSCI 9800 CI digital receiver.

regards,
Jude

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
On many receivers, this capability is only used for captioning, my BEC receiver has this, it is also reliant on the channel you are watching transmitting text.