Televes 7254 upgrade

mikk

Reaction score
Could anybody advise on receiver firmware upgrades. Apparently I need an rs232 lead (is this not just a serial cable) - I have 9 pin serial type female to 25 pin parallel type male and a 9 pin serial type female to 25 pin parallel type female lead; if I connect these together will this do the job? Been told I need to set up 'Telnet'?.. is this hyper terminal on xp? Is this procedure is quite straight forward for a novice, don't wanna kill my reciever! m.

elcappo

Reaction score
mira hay is spanish
http://foros.zackyfiles.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
mikk said:
Could anybody advise on receiver firmware upgrades. Apparently I need an rs232 lead (is this not just a serial cable) - I have 9 pin serial type female to 25 pin parallel type male and a 9 pin serial type female to 25 pin parallel type female lead; if I connect these together will this do the job? Been told I need to set up 'Telnet'?.. is this hyper terminal on xp? Is this procedure is quite straight forward for a novice, don't wanna kill my reciever! m.

I've used a "laplink" cable. Used to connect p.c's/laptops via their serial ports to enable file sharing. The instructions on the televes site are accurate, and work.

The only exception-point 9 should read RE-CONNECT to mains [don't switch receiver on].

By the way, anyone, the main software and channel thing seem to be ancient. Is this the latest software in circulation?

mikk

Reaction score
Thanks pete, I managed it with a 'null modem' lead which is apparently the same as an rs232. I spotted that mistake in the instructions too. Seem to remember the 'new' software was 2 or 3 years old - and as the official televes site I assumed that it must be the latest and only upgrade. I take it you have this model too ; question - is it compatible with dragon cams, and 2. Is it possible to enter key codes via the handset, or is this a cam feature?

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
mikk said:
Thanks pete, I managed it with a 'null modem' lead which is apparently the same as an rs232. I spotted that mistake in the instructions too. Seem to remember the 'new' software was 2 or 3 years old - and as the official televes site I assumed that it must be the latest and only upgrade. I take it you have this model too ; question - is it compatible with dragon cams, and 2. Is it possible to enter key codes via the handset, or is this a cam feature?

I'm using a dragon cam, loading it using a duolabs loader onto a fun 7 card. I'm up to predator 3.12, but that gives me stuff I can't use over 2.10.

The hex keys are an absolute mystery to me as yet !
I've never touched them and all's working so I guess it's part of the software that winds up in the cam. Perhaps someone more experienced than me could give an idiots guide to hex key editing, or refer me to one that's already been posted.

There seems to be a load of people on this forum at sea on this one. The threads are numerous. If you crack it, can you let me in on the secret? I'll return the complement.

Glad you got sorted. It's a laugh isn't it ?

regs
P