TELEVES RSD-7255 Digital Satellite Receiver

T

thuynh7

A guy is trying to sell me a TELEVES RSD-7255 Digital Satellite Receiver, for £30 brand new, I can't find any information on it in english and the ones that I can the website is in a Foreign language. Just wondering if anyone has come across this systems or had one in the past. My main aim is to get Hotbird on a motorised set up, so it must have Diseq 1.2, also I want to get Sky on teh Astra satellite, so it must have a cam, are all of these possible?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't buy it, looks like it only has 1000 channel storage capability (far too little) and only has DiseqC 1.0 . Have a look at our advertisers, DVB Shop 24 have a couple of budget receivers which would do the job. Sky on Astra 28.2 is only available with an official viewing card, you would also need to buy a Dragon CAM, but there is no guarantee that it will work for more than the short term.

T

thuynh7

I told him that about the limitations of the box and he then offered me a Humax Fox-F1 FTA for £40

Is this a better deal. Couldn;t find ifo on a Fox-F1 FTA but I found plenty on Fox-F1 VA, is this the same box?

rolfw said:
Don't buy it, looks like it only has 1000 channel storage capability (far too little) and only has DiseqC 1.0 . Have a look at our advertisers, DVB Shop 24 have a couple of budget receivers which would do the job. Sky on Astra 28.2 is only available with an official viewing card, you would also need to buy a Dragon CAM, but there is no guarantee that it will work for more than the short term.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
This appears to be the beast but I do not know this receiver at all, it reads as quite reasonable though for £40.00 although I do note they are not saying which
DiSEqC functions are available also do not mention how many channels.

Edit I have just found out F 1 Fox: DVB-S, 2000 Ch., FTA thus as it also has and EPG is is very similar to my stb. That being the case If you are wanting to go motorised I would advise against this as I certainly find the limitation of 2000 ch on a motorised system restrictive better a 4000 ch IMHO