Television Host Jonathan Ross Renews Deal With ITV

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
Despite putting an end to his lucrative deal with BBC, Jonathan Ross still remains as one of the highest-paid chat show hosts in Britain. The television presenter was placed under a 3-month suspension after he and Russell Brand left a series of controversial phone messages (regarding his granddaughter) during a radio show.

The TV host signed his current deal with ITV several months after having quit BBC. Set to expire early next year, the contract was extended to 2013, and is estimated to be worth approximately £2million.

"I am thrilled to be signing again for ITV," said Ross. "It's like that stage in a relationship when you've been leaving a few clothes over every time you stay, and they finally give you a door key,"

Despite the fact that there were several negative remarks made by critics regarding his new show, its ratings were still kept above average. Furthermore, the series which began last September was able to attract an average of 4.1million viewers.

So far, Ross’s ITV chat show had several notable celebrities make guest appearances, such as Jamie Oliver, Lewis Hamilton and Lady Gaga. The show will also be featuring Tom Cruise as part of its Christmas special.

ITV’s director of entertainment and comedy, Elaine Bedell, says "Jonathan remains one of the biggest talents on UK television and his first series for us shows that our ITV audience has enthusiastically welcomed him back to our television screens, doing what he does best."

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm thrilled he is staying on a Channel I rarely watch.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Never found Ross funny, in fact I think he is an arrogant person. Never knew Jamie Oliver was a notable celebrity, thought he was famous for being a Tony Blair boot licker and his cooking can't be that good as he looks greasy and spotty.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Rachel_Sandford said:
......The television presenter was placed under a 3-month suspension after he and Russell Brand left a series of controversial phone messages (regarding his granddaughter) during a radio show......

I wasn't aware that either Ross or Brand had grandchildren. Wasn't it the granddaughter of Andrew Sachs?

I find Ross very egotistical. He can be funny but unfortunately for a chat show host, he hasn't learnt the art of letting the guest talk without butting in all the time. Bring back Parky!!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ross should have had his licence to host revoked straight after this stint.

[video=youtube;vciXxY5ADoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vciXxY5ADoA[/video]