Temporary loss of signal problem...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Right, I don't know if this a problem with my Dreambox, but decided it could be so posting it in this section.

My setup is on dish with my 13, 16 and 19E feeds, tied into three 4 x 1 Diseqc switches with a feed from my sky minidish all going into my 3 Dreamboxes.

Specifically am having a problem with some of the sky channels but it might not be an exclusive problem, i.e. it may have happened on some of the other feeds. For instance, right now, ITV is not working, saying service could not be found. It has no lock on the transponder, SNR at 52%, when it usually is around 80 something. Sky movies 1 - 3 also not working. It is the same on all my boxes. Have not changed the setup, the channels seem to come back at a random time. The dish has hardly been touched, in terms of alignment, it hasn't been moved. The quad LNB that was on there was a little lose, and slipping out of the holder, but now that is secured.

So if nothin is moving on the dish side, how can the signal drop like this only to return full strenth later?

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Hi m8
I am having a very similar problem to you. I have a DM500S which is getting feeds from a Sky mini dish and a 2nd dish aimed at 16east for Digitalb. Goes through a Diseqc 2/1 switch.

On 16 east I get sporadic picture breakup, freezing etc. I have been on this for three weeks now and have tried pretty much everything that might cause it but still no different. I know I am bang on alignment as this feed is coming from a twin lnb and my other separate system using this lnb is receiving pictures loud and clear.

I tried different images, different switches, different connecters - the only thing left to try, which I am going to do on Monday, is to re-lay the cable from the 16east dish to the switch with higher quality cable. Going to go with CT100 as the cable in at the mo isn't that good quality. Plus my Sky channels are fine with no breakup but this is a very short cable from sky dish to switch. This is why I'm thinking it could be the cable from my 16east dish to the switch as it's quite long and not great quality cable.

To be honest mate, this is doing my head in now and I sympathise with you. It's a fooking pain in the arse and whats worse is I can't pinpoint it.

Maybe someone with more expert knowledge could say whether it might be a cable problem or not. I'm going to try it anyway so it rules that point out.
I'm now on a mission to sort this (thrown too much money at it to stop now)

M8, be interested to hear how you go with yours. What cable are you using and is it a long run from your sky dish to your switch?

Cheers

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Well, maybe I can understand problems with the 16 east side of things, but as for the SKY side of it nothing has changed. The cables that were used when I had my SKY digibox are the same, the dish being used is the same and has not been touched. Simply used the 3 cables that were running from the SKY dish into the house and plugged them into ouptuts of three 4x1 Diseqc switches. Then plugged into the SKY LNB, and the three LNBs on my new dish, so you can see why I cant understand what is going on with SKY. Yeah, some of the wires are long, but they worked fine under with the old SKY digibox, cant remember many problems of picture freezing or anything in years of use.

16 east is a real tricky one, I have re-aligned my dish several times, and it took me forever to eliminate BER, but finally did it. But now this problem, as you say, bloody annoying, one minute working a treat, next minute for me, sudden loss of complete signal. As it happens on all my boxes at the same time, it muse be something with the dish, wires or something. All three switches cant be failing at the same time. I dont know, hopefully someone here with some experience might have some ideas for us!

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Hi m8
Just a thought, what boxes have you got?

Wouldn't be a specific box problem would it?

I am having greif on my 500S (my other 7000S is fine and never have problems)

Dunno, just a thought.

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
All 7020S. If its my boxes, how can it happening all at the same time?!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Another problem I'm getting is freezing, blocking picturers, jumping that sort of thing. On some channels with 87% SNR, strong, with no error rates. How is that possible? A few niggles to my new system which isa ruining all the fun!

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
You're right mate - so we can rule out box, switches and Lnb's - three different lnb's faulty at the same time!! No way.

So, it's either connectors or cables?

We need an expert opinion on this one.

Anyone?

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Not sure we can rule out boxes maybe. What image you using?

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Running PLi Amber but have tried Gemini and Pi2 with same result.

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Using Gemini myself. Its getting really bad now, ITV not working now. What the hell is going on?! Am starting to regret buying these boxes if this is going to happen all the time!

I cant believe me and you can be the only ones to experience this! Is there anyone else reading this who has any ideas whatsoever, doesn't matter how crazy of crap you may think they are, please let us know!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Ok, the problem is being made worse by my recent adding of channels. As now there is a nagra2 hack, I am watching alot on 19,2E. Basically when whatver is happening happens, I lose signal strength on all my channels basically, and so much so on some transponders that i lose lock and cant watch the channels. I lose everything on 19.2, 16, weakens on 13 hotbird (these are off the same dish), and I lose some channels off my mini dish... I just cant see how this is happeninig

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
This is real crazy now!!

I don't know if there's anything in this and to be honest I am not experienced enough to know my way around this area but I played around with the 'satellite.xml' file a few days ago and got various results.

Say I added a few new channels to the file, ftp'd it back to the box and then done a rescan it seemed that I would get an increase in quality for a bit on certain channles but then quality would go again.
This is the fooker about this problem - there's no consistency in errors.

I know this sounds crazy and I don't want to confuse things by going off on completely the wrong track but I just thought I would mention it.
Might be something to do with the channel settings within the box?

Still going to try the cable though.

Also going to try my 7000S in place of the problematic 500S in the morning.
If the 7000S works it points to the 500S and a box issue.

Just a thought.

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Interesting, I might fiddle with that.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I cannot believe only me and you are writing in this thread? Are we the only unlucky ones? Even so, is there not someone who might be able to shed some adivce on this, its not exactly some silly emu problem, not some newbie questions, we're having real trouble here, and I know I for one would appreciate some suggestions from people with more experience than me in this field! Gonna keep bumping the thread til someone hopefully answers my plea!

robotsx1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nilesat,arabsat
My Location
egypt
hello everyone do any of you know if real madrid tv in english will broadcast all realmadrid matches live or not?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Talk about hijacking a thread matey!!! Read the thread title...if you cant help, your def posting in the wrong place!! Not even the right section...And a by the by, I dont know the answer to your question! So hopefully we can get back to the dilemma in hand!

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Real Madrid matches are the least of our probs mate but for what it's worth last season I never saw any live matches shown on RMtv. They show the build up and players arriving at the stadium etc but no game. Your best bet is 30West.

Anyway, back to the problem in hand. Yazooo m8 I'm convinced its either a dish alignment problem or cable. I have painfully eliminated every other possible cause in my set-up and it points to one of these two things. I have even re-aligned my dish (thank fook I got that signal meter) and this has not helped. I reckon it's my cables. Got a new bundle of CT100 coming in the week. That will tick that one off the list.

Will keep you posted.

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yeah, I will have to wait til the weeken, but I will have another bash at realigning and will check the mini dish to make sure it hasn't moved. I have a signal meter, but I found the best way was to move my dreambox and a little tv I have to the windwo near my dishes, thankfully they're on a flat roof. That way I just goto satfind on the settings, chose a transponder and fiddle with the dish until I get the best signal.

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Hi m8
Well I've finally got to the bottom of this fooker!!!

Not sure about your set up but the problem in mine was 100% dodgy cable.
Replaced the cable from the dish to the switch (with decent high grade ct100) and hey presto all problems gone. Pick up all channles, no drop-outs, no signal dissapearing, no blocking - works a dream.

Mate, no guarantee this will sort yours out but I highly recommend you have a go at trying a new lay of cable (highest quality you can get your hands on)

If you think about it, it's the only common element that would explain a problem from all feeds.
Dunno, worth a go though.

Let me know how you go m8

Slayter

PS- and don't give up m8, this has taken me 4 weeks to solve (no joke!!) and there were times when I was ready to chuck my dish in the bin but you get it solved in the end!!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Cheers, thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure, as it I was running one output, I couldn't definitely understand it, but as I am running 3, the problem has to be common to all setups. I mean no one output shares cables with any other, each has its own run from a lnb to its own diseqc switch, and then its own cable run through the house to each individual box. The cables to the diseqc switches are all new, the ones going through the house were already there from the sky setup and worked for years, but I guess there is no harm in trying.