Terrestrial EPG moves nearer

N

net1

There has been a significant step forward in the drive to provide a 'proper' seven-day EPG to Freeview homes. This has been a tremdendous challenge for the industry with the requirement to match a wide range of receiving equipment already in place and a complex national terrestrial transmission network

Last week (13 February) saw the extension of the Welsh trial, using the Wenvoe transmitter, from four to seven days of schedule information. The trial of four-day's of Event Information Tables (EIT) has been running successfully for the last month.

"The next step is to extend the Welsh trial to the rest of the network. If all goes well, the London area should see schedule next, with a progressive roll-out to remaining regions. It will come none-to-soon for digital terrestrial PVR owners, who have had to accept seriously limited functionality for a much longer period than expected."

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Does anyone know what receivers are going to support this (or rather what ones aren’t going to support it fully, or at all)?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For your purpose Polomint, the Technisat PCI version the Airstar might be useful.:)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yea it looks a good card (perhaps I’ll be lucky in the raffle…)

At the moment I’m using my brothers old Nokia MediaMaster 9850, for all the bad publicity it gets I’m finding it reasonable, with a bit of patience and coaxing it isn’t that bad. Also the dusty old card slot might be useable again soon, perhaps.

But it is (or was supposed to be) just a loan of a box for me to check the signal here, when he eventually gets it back I think I will indeed go for a PC card rather than another box. How much is the Technisat PCI Airstar?

N

net1

AirStar 2 PCI

Allows reception of Freeview programmes and recording to PC hard drive. PVR features included. Can programme recording from inbuilt EPG
Internal PCI card for PC, originally made for German DTT market.

£69.00
(Sat Europa)

AirStar USB

Allows reception of Freeview programmes and recording to PC hard drive. PVR features included. Can programme recording from inbuilt EPG

USB version of PCI card (see above) originally made for German DTT market

£129.00
(Sat Europa)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
PoloMint said:
with a bit of patience and coaxing

Is that coaxing or co-axing, always thought that a doubled up 2 metre length of co-ax was a superb bargaining tool. :D