Test Card Sky in Cyprus

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m diah invacom 031 quad lnb pansonic 30 and Pace 460 boxes
My Location
Cyprus
Is it possible to get the sky or any other good quality test card in Cyprus? I'd like an audio test tone as well.:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
fmak said:
Is it possible to get the sky or any other good quality test card in Cyprus? I'd like an audio test tone as well.:)

Why would you want that surely just tune in to a strong transponder? with digital you either can receive it or you cannot, why would anyone want to waste transponder space with a test card and signal for a service beamed primarily at the UK?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Actually sky did transmit an analogue frequency with a test card when they first started,but no analogue transmission now.You could try one of those cheap satfinders which have a dial display and an audio output for fine tuning,or an expensive digital sat meter like mine.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Bloody hell zorba, that's going back a bit. :)

Was working for them at the time and the main reason was that most of the installers still only had old Maspro analogue meters when they launched, so could find it more easily, in fact some only had the little promax swinging needle meters and had to connect up the cable and receiver, before installing the dish. :-lmao Those were the days. ;)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
It wasn't so hard in those days,i am still using my promax analogue tv/sat spectrum analyser with tv picture.i could tune in and get that test card for accurate aligning.
By the way you could end an argument i had today.What year did sky digital start?

rolfw said:
Bloody hell zorba, that's going back a bit. :)

Was working for them at the time and the main reason was that most of the installers still only had old Maspro analogue meters when they launched, so could find it more easily, in fact some only had the little promax swinging needle meters and had to connect up the cable and receiver, before installing the dish. :-lmao Those were the days. ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I remember it was Autumn 1998, with a few test prior to that.:)

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
toppervte33h said:
Why would you want that surely just tune in to a strong transponder? with digital you either can receive it or you cannot, why would anyone want to waste transponder space with a test card and signal for a service beamed primarily at the UK?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not; it's the only way I have of checking my plasma and the quality of the audio output - much of it is very poor until you mess around with the dac inside.:cool:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
fmak said:

Why not; it's the only way I have of checking my plasma and the quality of the audio output - much of it is very poor until you mess around with the dac inside.:cool:

In that case you are out of luck then

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
What make is your plasm?Is the picture okay?you might be better off connecting your digibox to a hi fi system of some sort.
fmak said:

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
zorba said:
What make is your plasm?Is the picture okay?you might be better off connecting your digibox to a hi fi system of some sort.

That is the point; the Pace 430 sounds aweful; the Pace 2600 better when connected to a hifi system. But taking the output from the dac or digital from the router/MPEG chip improves quality a lot. However, the only way of testing these is to have a low distortion audio test tone.

The Pace 430 actually uses an obsolete STi MPEG chip with no published pin information.