Testing New White Sky UK Card - CAID 963

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, TM6900CS, Ubuntu newcs Omnikey 3121, Triax 1.1m
My Location
UK East Mids
Betty, there is a big difference in cost between the Smargo and Omnikey so lets hope your Dad has deep pockets for the Smargo @ £35

betty1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream box dm800 sky 2x lnb
My Location
glasgow
B16MCC \\ I got this = a NETGEAR RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNDR3700 but the thing is i ordered them thursday nite and just got you and carpets thread friday nite so i made a blunder and ordered an Omnikey .al let you know when i get them and you can help me set them up if you wont .i think you will have to get a bigger jar of coffee lol ..al order an omega card in a couple of days

Andrew1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000 HD, Octagon SF 1018 HD, Samsung SkyHD
My Location
UK
@BM16CC: I want to thank you again for information concerning Omnikey 3121.
I have finally installed it in my DM8000 and under NewCS 1.67 pcsc it works perfect with 0963 card - ECM times are fantastic compared to all other readers I tried: 95-105 ms average.

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
here is how my card looks currently....
its been in the box for around a month (or 3 weeks)
its a dm500 with a laptop fan under it, jjust used as a server for my sister and my hd boxes

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 66

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
My Location
uk
@Telia: that looks like sky italia rather then sky uk

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
hashman99 said:
@Telia: that looks like sky italia rather then sky uk

Yeah i know, but it's the same chip, NDS3 and it works at 3.3v, so you will burn it up eventually in a 5v reader.

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
My Location
uk
i checked my second sky card which is in the dm800 last night and surpised:
it has no sign of burn whatsoever! the card's been in there longer by around 1 week, and looks better in shape then the dm500 one :(
both run 24/7, and neither are overclocked
i'll have to invest in a smargo but don't want to hook both cards on the same dm800
bah have to think about it

@Telia: if the "eventually" is after 2-3 year run, i think its ok, if its every 2 months, sky might get suspicision

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 50

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
@hasmman99

I can't take any risk at all so i run with Smargo reader as i am not a UK citizen and getting a new card would be tough.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
TM9100super internal readers will cook a white card. Takes a while, but will damadge the card.

tajvdz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, SkyDigibox
My Location
Netherlands
Hi, I have a DM 7000S. I use the Sky Card in it since saturday. I don't get the idea that it's gets warmer then in the original SkyDigibox.
But is it the safer to use an external card reader?
Or is it possible to change the voltage in the CCcam.cfg file?
I´m going to buy a DM8000HD in a few months. Does the problem also exists in that one?
Hope to get some answers soon because I don´t want to damage my card!

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
B16MCC said:
Guys why is no one listening ! You can update your card in NewCS by connecting an MGCamd client. It's simple.

Follow these simple steps :-

Are you running your card in NewCS 1.67 ?
YES:- To update your card use MCamd as the client instead of CCcam, this will update the card in NewCS !
You DO NOT NEED to put the card in the sly box.
You DO NOT NEED to host the card in CCcam.

Not using NewCS ? Are you running your card in CCcam 2.1.3 ?
YES:- This will update all by itself.

Job done !

B16MCC ! Quick question im not 100% sure i know what am talking about are you saying as i have the server running in ubuntu and my box is connected to it if i change my CCCam on my box to 2.1.3 and install MGCamd onto my box that it will update my card for me? there is only 5 of my mates on myserver or am i talking rubbish and need to install MGCamd onto my server

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
My Location
uk
Telia said:
@hasmman99

I can't take any risk at all so i run with Smargo reader as i am not a UK citizen and getting a new card would be tough.

how to you set the voltage on the smargo ?
i got one and would try it on the dm800 just to see how cold it runs, but can't figure out how to set volgate

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
You only need 1 client configured in AU. It's the client (in your case your box) which will update the card if you choose this system. On the server side all you need is to be running newcs and then on your box you can use mgcamd. All your friends can continue as now with cccam

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
hashman99 said:
how to you set the voltage on the smargo ?
i got one and would try it on the dm800 just to see how cold it runs, but can't figure out how to set volgate

You configure the frequency through either newcs or cccam configuration files. I'm sure that other clients can also be configured...

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
Wildbit, I don't understand your answer. Put it this way can I run a system with server and clients all on CCCAM 2.1.3 and will this update the card entitlements which will obviously be on the server. Do I need NEWCS at all. If so then ok I can run the combined NEWCS and CCCAM EMU. If not then all I need is CCCAM. Or is it the case that I need the combined CCCAM 2.1.3/NEWCS and also MGCAMD. If such is the case then I would need to run MGCAMD late at night to update entitlements. Can you possibly remove the confusion and explain if CCCAM will do on its own for entitlements, if NEWCS/CCCAM is needed for entitlements, or if it is MGCAMD and NEWCS/CCCAM that is required to update entitlements. There have been so many posts about this my head is spinning as to what is the correct solution

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
fintanni this has been explained many many times in this thread and in the tutorial thread I wrote.
If you use CCcam 2.1.3 to host the card it will update the entitlements.

Some people are using NewCS so they can use an Omnikey reader because they are very fast and very cheap. However if you use NewCS you need at least one client on MGCamd to update the entitlements in NewCS.

If you're not using NewCS, CCcam will take care of everything and you do not need MGCamd.

Put it this way can I run a system with server and clients all on CCCAM 2.1.3 and will this update the card entitlements which will obviously be on the server.

Yes you can.

Do I need NEWCS at all.

No you don't. Only if you wanna use an Omnikey.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
fintannl said:
Wildbit, I don't understand your answer. Put it this way can I run a system with server and clients all on CCCAM 2.1.3 and will this update the card entitlements which will obviously be on the server. Do I need NEWCS at all. If so then ok I can run the combined NEWCS and CCCAM EMU. If not then all I need is CCCAM. Or is it the case that I need the combined CCCAM 2.1.3/NEWCS and also MGCAMD. If such is the case then I would need to run MGCAMD late at night to update entitlements. Can you possibly remove the confusion and explain if CCCAM will do on its own for entitlements, if NEWCS/CCCAM is needed for entitlements, or if it is MGCAMD and NEWCS/CCCAM that is required to update entitlements. There have been so many posts about this my head is spinning as to what is the correct solution

You got the answer straight from the guru and apologies if I was not so clear.

betty1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream box dm800 sky 2x lnb
My Location
glasgow
B16MCC // i got that router and the two card readers .i setup the router but having brobs connecting more than one computer .and having probs seting up port forwording ...when you got time can you give me a wee hand please

prenz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910, DM500, several ipboxes.
My Location
de
I'm struggling at the moment to get mgcamd 1.31 (dm500 as well as mutant 200s)/newcs 1.67RC1 (linux pc with omnikey) to update my entitlements. I had it running fine on a 961, but no luck on the 963.
According to mgcamd protocol, everything should be fine:
> EMM enabled: UA yes SA yes GA no, Card serial: xxxxxxxx
then a minute later:
> Starting emm for newcamd shared card
> *EMM: CaID: 0x0963 -> CaPID: 0x00C0 ProvID: 000000
and after that no mention of any EMM in the log, even if run for days. NewCS doesn't log any EMM at all. ECMs are processed fine.
NewCS is configured ok, boxkey is present and working. mgcamd config on EMM is A: {01}.
Any idea where am I going wrong?

chdguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Atom ION + Linux
My Location
South East, UK
Skyviewer said:
Is there any info on OSCam and sly uk white cards? Does it work?
I have read about italy, but not the uk.

Skyviewer
I am setting up new HDPC (atom ion based) using vdr_sc. I am looking for best way to use my sly card with omnikey. and updating subscription entitlement without putting card in Sly box.