Testing New White Sky UK Card - CAID 963

darrenob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Debian Lenny CCcam 2.1.2 + NewCS 1.67 ,dreamBox 500 dm600, compaq p4, 2gb ,4mb
My Location
Out there
The white card does run warm normaly in the original sky box, in some cases it even goes brown on the rear of the card this is normal. It does not get as hot in a dm800 clone or a dm600 or dm500, the voltage to the card is 5v not 3v as some people will claim the card will stop working correctly a 4.2v (i have tested this) the only problem i have found is on an Original DM800 with no internal fan, when it gets hot the card and tuner with play up.

But the best way is to have a server.

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
darrenob is correct, I took my white card out of my Original Sly HD box for the 1st time since install (about 10 months) and I was surprised to find the card with a brown 'burn' mark

centralrock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Db 7020 , DB 8000 x 2
My Location
ESP
Just for the record my card 2 times this last week has going almost death , it was not working at all on the smargo not even i can't clear the channels on the sky box, for get the card up and running again i must call SLY for the to open it again , somebody have try the same as i have?
Regards

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
yes lots of people are reporting that entitlements are updating but they are loosing channels. It looks like something is in the pipeline :(

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
andel said:
yes lots of people are reporting that entitlements are updating but they are loosing channels. It looks like something is in the pipeline :(

So what do you suggest? is it because of being part of a CS network it dies or is it because something wrong with CCcam how it handles the emm's?

So annoying as i bought a new receiver last week and now it's not being used as the card is in my Sky HD box instead.

bloto20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ferguson fx 7600 2ci
2x dm800hd, 1st oryginal, second clon
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9650
8GB ddr3 1333
768MB XFX GeForce 8800GTX XXX Edition
My Location
england
Hi, do not enable emm for all users !! just for you, this is the same sytuation as with nagra3 card ir even better enable emm only 2 weeks before card will expire to get it updated. Yes omnikey is the best but you will need newcs, if you plan share this for some family members only you are ok to stay with newcs only but if you planning to exchange with some body then put cccam, it will not affect watching and you are will be willing to restric how many times you want to reshare card ;) best is pc server on linux to be honest any distribution will work fine ;) just get cheap dell gx 260 -270 is really queit, better choice to save some money will be to choose amd instead of intel but that will cost you.. the noise. I have that dell runs 24/7 for a long while and I am supprised how queit is still. Due to fact I sit with electronic stuff and doing sat repairs I've put that server, there is so many advantages of it beacuse you are not tight with one box and whenever you want to test something or upgrade you can do it without disconnecting yours miss from tv ;) on another box. I am not english and I like my polish TV as well, and now think I will have to use 3 receivers to watch TV instead of one ;) its a pain in the a...
Right once when you setup everything then make a partition copy and save on dvd or on spare HDD once you do that in case of hardware failure you will be ready to use your server very quickly with new/replaced hardware.
ps: dont use northon ghost for linux partition it takes ages ;) use freeware linux software and remember to enable emm once every two weeks before card will expire this will save your time and troubles in case of card not get updates and run card on stock clock do not overclock it beacuse that dosent make a sense with this card, the card will be unstable in case of OC, same as nagra3 card ;) (only germany nagra 3 cards clocks well and not all just first realase of them)
ps1: if you planning to use ubuntu just get ver 8 instead of version 9, I had to play with it to set up it was always something missing with ubuntu 8 you can setup your server in 15mins and switch of updates of kernel beacuse you dont need then and registerr dyndns account and setup it in your router
ps3: if you are with o2 I will recommend you to change router it has some problems with security I running netgear dgn with custom firmware and slightly lower speed to achive rock solid line 4 months without disconnect ;) and firewall is configurable not like in o2/be box
ps4: dont talk to loud that you are running s.k.y card in server beacuse you can get in troubles.
ps5: dont run pay server :) this is just a hobby
good luck mate

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
According to another forum CCcam doesn't block Emms very good, they still come thru.

Best to use right now is Newcs and CCcam and let Newcs do the blocking.

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 super, dm 800. 80cm motorised dish getting 28.2e,19e and 13e
My Location
Donegal, ireland
hi im using a smargo with cccam in a debiam server to read my 0963 card and i get ecm times of 0.09 to 0.11 ive been reading a lot of comments on how the omnikey is faster yet im getting the same ecm times as them using a smargo!

scudno1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800s nabilo blk hole 0.12
28.2e,13e,16e,19.2e
dm500s pli jade
80cm dish and motor
My Location
glasgow
digitalpoggy said:
hi im using a smargo with cccam in a debiam server to read my 0963 card and i get ecm times of 0.09 to 0.11 ive been reading a lot of comments on how the omnikey is faster yet im getting the same ecm times as them using a smargo!

yes but are you overclocking the card in the smargo as you dont have to with the omnikey.

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Donegal, ireland
scudno1 said:
yes but are you overclocking the card in the smargo as you dont have to with the omnikey.

Is it bad to overclok it to 6.5mhz? thats the speed im running it at. I thought you could overclock the omnikey in newcs

darrenob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Debian Lenny CCcam 2.1.2 + NewCS 1.67 ,dreamBox 500 dm600, compaq p4, 2gb ,4mb
My Location
Out there
digitalpoggy said:
Is it bad to overclok it to 6.5mhz? thats the speed im running it at. I thought you could overclock the omnikey in newcs

The omni key sets the read rate, you can set the speed in your setup but it won't change a thing, it will auto choose the fastest setting for your card without overclocking.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Guys, in NewCS using an omnikey, the cards clock speed is set by the ATR response from when the card is initialised as the reader conforms to ISO standards. As mentioned clocking it manually has no effect. From my own testing overclocking the card in a smargo in CCcam gives no gain at all. ECM times do not decrease !

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Donegal, ireland
hi my sky card is on a debian server with smargo & cccam, i restarted it an hour ago & premium channels (sky sports, sky pcomedy etc.) arent workingbut the rest are, i know this sounds like a problem with boxkey, but my boxkey is in cfg file & was working perfect before i restarted

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Donegal, ireland
digitalpoggy said:
hi my sky card is on a debian server with smargo & cccam, i restarted it an hour ago & premium channels (sky sports, sky pcomedy etc.) arent workingbut the rest are, i know this sounds like a problem with boxkey, but my boxkey is in cfg file & was working perfect before i restarted

got the problem sorted, whwn i rebooted the server for some reason it changed usb0 to usb1, weird but anyway problem solved!
Another problem that has been bugging me for months is espn hd never works on my server:confused when i take the card out of the smargo & pop it into the sky box for updates it works ok on the sky box & when i put it back in the smargo it works until i restart cccam, then it goes off again:mad: Anyone know why that is?

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all,
have been running dream 500 box 24/7 and it works like a champ.
one card is running 2 boxes for over 2 months and no pin request and no resets and no problems.
i love it.
the card is internaly running as well.
thanks to b16mcc for all the help
ralph

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Donegal, ireland
digitalpoggy said:
got the problem sorted, whwn i rebooted the server for some reason it changed usb0 to usb1, weird but anyway problem solved!
Another problem that has been bugging me for months is espn hd never works on my server:confused when i take the card out of the smargo & pop it into the sky box for updates it works ok on the sky box & when i put it back in the smargo it works until i restart cccam, then it goes off again:mad: Anyone know why that is?

Also i would like to know is it worth changing from smargo to omnikey? I have an omnikey lying about doing nothing but im thinking of using it instead of the smargo. Currently with the smargo i am getting ecm times of 0.10 what ecm times would i get with omnikey/newcs/cccam?

digitalpoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Donegal, ireland
hi can someone help with a really annoying problem im having, my card is in my debian server connected through a smargo & i have entitelments up until the 28th of august however when a channel such as sky sports 2 ireland changes transponder like it did a few months back my server wont clear the channel, even if i pop the card back into the sky digibox & get entitelment updates it doesnt clear on my server, other channels as well that dont work are the new hallmark hd and espn america hd even though they clear when the card is in the origanal sky digibox. This has been bugging me for 2 or 3 months now and i dont have a clue how to fix it, i hope one of use satellite experts can help me out:)
On a side note i subscribed to MUTV last week, popped the card back into the digibox until i got entitelments for it then popped it back in the server and it worked for 2 days untill i rebooted the server which i find really strange as well as really annoying!

spudzzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000
My Location
ch
First of all i just wanted say a big thank-you to B16MCC for providing such valuable information regarding dreambox setup, tweaking, configs, etc.....
You have been an oasis in a desert of information.
I have been trying to get my sky UK white card to work using your precious guides and have got it working. However i have two small questions.
First of all, i have a CCCam 2.14 on a dm8000 and have tried 2 different boy key converters and both gave me different box keys. I therefore tried both those id and both seem to clear the channels. So is boxkey line in cccam still needed with cccam 2.14 ?

secondly, how can i nake sure i get my entitlements updated with cccam 2.14 ?
do i need to add
DISABLE EMM : NO
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes

or can i leave DISABLE EMM : NO ???

Thanks

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
1. You say the channels clear with different boxkeys but check again. It's only ever the 'premium' channels that require the boxkey ie movies and sports and cccam 2.1.4 defo requires the boxkey.
2 The default for DISABLE EMM is no, so you don't have to define this unless you want yes. The EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes lets clients up to 2 hops aways send you EMM updates, so you don't need this either.

Cccam 2.1.4 with the default settings will update your entitlements, hope this helps

spudzzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000
My Location
ch
thnx for your help andel.....your post is very helpfull.......i will then leave the setting to DISABLE EMM = no.
for the boxkey issue however the 2 different boxkey id's i have seem to clear the premium channels too.....i managed to see sky sports 1, sky sports 2 and sky sports 3. are those not premium channels?