Testing New White Sky UK Card - CAID 963

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
@B16MCC, Thanks for taking the time to reply but I think you've not read my post ;o) The card wont update in the DM500 no matter what version of CCcam I run cos there's no sat feed going to it! I'm happy knowing that I need to put the card in the sly box overnight periodically (which up till this weekend was not a problem for me). BTW I've no spare feeds so really have no other option.

What I experienced was that the *sly box* this time did not update the card (after being in the DM500 for two months) and was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this in 2 months time?

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
boez said:
For the first time since getting the system up and running in October I had problems getting my entitlements updated this weekend. I've been putting my card into the sly box overnight for the past week (they were due to run out 30/01/10) but woke up to a message to contact sly. The only other out of the usual message was when I was returning the card to the sly box a message popped up saying 'Initialising new viewing card'. Any how all is well after contacting them but my Q is how can I prevent this from happening in two months? What caused the updates to stop working? Is it just a case of returning the card to the box more often?

My setup is a DM500 clone, newcs1.67 CCcam2.11 with a local CS to my windows box running W7 MC/Hadu. I dont have a sat feed to the DM500 for now as all viewing is done on the W7 box. Now the entitlements are ok I'm back to 100% decrypting and a happily reliable system.

Anyone else experience this?

Hadu does not support the AU function. Use ACamd and make sure you enable EMM in the "cardclient" config file. If your box is to be used as a client then follow B16MCC advice; CCcam directly or NEWCS+MGCamd

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
Guys I really appreciate your help but I must not be explaining my problem very well.

For the moment I'm not interested in getting entitlements to update when the card is in the Dreambox (cos its sat in a cupboard next to my router and is only ever used as a server for my local media PC).

Rewording my question as follows: Could the sly card have been 'corrupted' when used in this way

dish->media pc->Hadu->newcs/cccam->white card

such that even when returned to the sly box it would not update the entitlements and needed a reset from our friends at sly? Is there a setting in either config file that needs to be set so that it wont even try and update the entitlements and prevent this from happening again.

Hope you still with me :)
boez

joebhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got a 1mtr Motorised dish with a eagle receiver.
My Location
Glasgow
Hi guys,

This thread would be interesting if I could follow it. Im an uber newb and looking for some help. I think this would be the right thread to post to. If not - apologies. If anyone can point me int he right direction it would be appreciated.

Heres what I got

Debian VM box
Smargo card reader.

I'm basically wanting to get this up and running so that I can read a $sky card for distrubtion in the house. I seen some of the tuts but they seem to be split all over the place. appreciate any poitners. If I get it going i'll do a tut for my setp to help others... just want to concerntrate on teh linux side - no need to worry about my sat receiver setups just now.

cheers

J.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
boez, you seem to have a number of different problems and yes, you're not very clear! The first thing is wether the card is up to date or not. If not, it should update in the sly box (call sly for problems). If you want to update it through the db (I assume the card is in the db reader and it's ONLY expired), you have to run CCcam or Newcs; YOUR CLIENT in your setup is your PC (hadu). As stated in previous post, HADU DOES NOT AU. You can use another cam plugin such as ACamd (multiprotocol support) which does forward EMMs. The card will update, just tune to a sky1 or other channel, again if the card is not locked or something else

centralrock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Db 7020 , DB 8000 x 2
My Location
ESP
today just got my card update :-)i just can say that cccam 2.1.3 and the white one it 's working very fine :-) on smargo
Regards

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
ok it had been in original box for over 2 days now ,on sky, 1 was fine yestrday when i checked , went to movies and it was ok ,went to sports and it was ok ,go up this morning and message read "this card does not belong to this set top box please phone XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for assistance" Question? does the box have to be at the original home owner for this to work???

bloto20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ferguson fx 7600 2ci
2x dm800hd, 1st oryginal, second clon
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9650
8GB ddr3 1333
768MB XFX GeForce 8800GTX XXX Edition
My Location
england
Hi everyone. yearstaday I notes 4 emm on mgcamd1.35 - newcs1.67. The enteltiments move from 2010-02-19 to 2010-03-19. On white card 0963. But I notes entitliments that they move, yearstaday they been with old date after 4 emm. I have full package HD. (no espn). I just use my card in dm8000 and Just I. I been reading forum and I see that some people been getting about 120.000 emm. propably most of them are crap. To avoid people find right emm to send them and activate card in not legal way. :)

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all,
has there been any problems with white cards overheating yet.
i looked at a friends blue card in his pace receiver and the official card in the sky pace receiver for the last 4 years does look overheated and
discolered as well.
just thought you want to know.
ralph
this may shoot the 5 v idea to he--.
the card may have a 3.5 to 5 v rating
who knows for sure.

George2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD
My Location
Nottinghamshire
@B16MCC

Does your Dreambox config programme work if i am using Mbox with Newcs ?

I am struggling to get newcs setup with mbox

Regards

George2000

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
i left it in the paired box for 2 days and i got that message ,i took it back to my son in laws house ,plugged it and left it on sly 1 ,it still sayed that message ,he didnt have a chance to fone sly on the thursday morning but still left box on,this morning he thot ill fone them up switched on box so he could check message and ....................

everything was on it had updated itsefl,checked the entitlements and they have all been updated tgill 4/4/2010 so put it back into omnikey reader but STILL cant get it to update using all the rite methods

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
George2000, I know nothing about mbox but if you're using it as a newcamd client to connect to NewCS , then yes, my config creator will work for the newcs side of things.

father ted, PM me your configs please.

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
forb16mcc.jpg

B16MCC is this right for auto updates to take place??

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
You have to look at a number of other settings. Your requests are being served, that's good.
*Under newcamd users, make sure your user is set for AU
*Under blockers- YES for GA and C0
If you used B16MCCs config tool all this will be one for you
*Make sure your client is MGcamd in this case and configured to forward EMMs

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
father ted, you won't actually see anything happen other than the entitlement dates will change. In the menu on the left, click entitlements.
Make a mental note of the dates, when you are within about 2 weeks of the dates keep checking them to see if they change to a later date. Thats it, nothing else to do or see.

wesser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9150
DM800HD MGcamd
Ubunto Newcs
My Location
uk
Can anyone tell me is it possible with MGcamD to connect / update 2 different cards at the same time.

I have Ubuntu running NewCS with 2 Omnikey readers connected to my DM800 which is running MGcamD

Thanks

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
yes it is. Simply add both CWS lines to your newcamd.list or use the CWS Multple option to connect to more than 1 port at once.

wesser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9150
DM800HD MGcamd
Ubunto Newcs
My Location
uk
Thanks Mate.

I'll try that.

Can I ask if you have a tutorial on here to install CCCam alongside Newcs on Ubuntu.

I have found lots of tutorials but I would rather do things your way instead of mix and match.

You always have good answers so I would like to do things your way.

Your are the Guru.

Thanks

digit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
Hello,
Dreambox 8000 e CCcam 2.1.3.
From today my card do not work...
Is everything Ok for your card ???
Thanks..

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
digit, what package do you have, have you been using a boxkey and if so are you sure it's correct ?
What entitlement dates does CCcam show in the web interface ?