Thanks and A Motor Question

b_fett66

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post although I've been lingering for a while getting some great information from the site. As someone who spent 11 years in France I'd always fancied the idea of getting some French channels (TF1 etc.) to keep my language skills up. Recently by chance I bought that cheapo FT set-up from Lidl. Thanks to your boards I was able to get everything up and running (pointing at Hotbird) and I got the bug.

Since then I've upgraded receiver to one with 2 CI's; got a MR CAM (and reprogrammed it once!) and a Tit Card. Finally last weekend I added a Manhattan HH100 Mortor. Despite reading up a lot of guides on motor installation; and closely following the instruction I've only had limited success.

After many adjustements I'm in a situation where my systems can swap between Hotbird; Astra1B1H2C and Astra2. Each of these had a great signal and good quality. However when I try to add further satelittes (E.G. Eutel) I cannot get any signal. I'm using an 80cm Dish btw. Anyone have advice on further adjustment I could make to gain more dishes without spoiling my Hot/Astra reception (as I get most of the French channels I want form these 2);

Receiver is TechnomateTM5500-CI

thanks and regards

Tim

P.S. thank you for all the sound information on the site

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
Of course Hotbird and the Astras are the strongest signals. What sort of signal strength and quality are you getting on each of these. If you getting 13e 19e and 28e then the tracking cant be too far off at least for the East birds.
You for sure should be getting a signal at 16E.
If you tilt the dish slightly up or down while on Hotbird or Astra what is happening to the signal strength? You sure you are getting max signal on these birds?

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Don't worry about losing your good signal - if you found it once then you can find it again. The more you practice, the more proficient you will become.

I had the same problem at first. It's just a matter of persevering with it. Do the initial alignment on a satellite that's close to due south from you (Thor?). Then try to find a satellite that's near the bottom of the arc (Hispasat? / Hellas Sat?) and make fine adjustments.

The arc that your dish follows across the sky is cutting through the arc of the satellites, but is not identical to it. You can't be too far away though. It could be that your motor is a little bit east and low, or west and high. Or your latitude setting might need a little tweak to steepen or flatten the arc.

The only way to know for sure is to keep trying.

b_fett66

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice .. I will keep tweaking away until its good ! I have to say although it was a good half day of going up and down ladders it was very satisfying when I was able to start switching between satellites :)

thegreatone

Reaction score
i to have a motorised dish but the wire seems really thin what do i wire it upto?its got 4 cables inside it any help would be great thanx

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
thegreatone said:
i to have a motorised dish but the wire seems really thin what do i wire it upto?its got 4 cables inside it any help would be great thanx

1) What receiver have you got?

2) Is the dish actuator driven or is it a Diseqc motor?

With this info someone may be able to sort out your wiring.

Llew