The 419 SCAM!!!

N

net1

:: Senders of the notorious 419 scam email appear to be changing tactics, following up their emails with a telephone call. The emails typically offer recipients a share of an unclaimed fortune in return for allowing the large sum to be processed through their bank account. Upon surrendering the bank account details the hapless recipient is then cleaned out.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I think people NEED there heads feeling for some of the SCAMS They are taken in by, (GREED) nearly always work "the lure of money for nothing" useually gets em, I dont really sympathise with em
and amazed how often a new SCAM appears.
1 i noticed haveing a ressurgance around Manchester, "a bit of an asian thing" is paying your bill "on the curry mile" with a Credit Card, I watch most of the "RUPERTS"(suits), pass there card "whilst sat at table" waiter returns will bill to sign, "and they havnt a clue the cards been read, with a second reader."within the hour a nice new cards in circulation, If i`m out for a meal "its CASH"
Nomatter where i am,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm a big fan of the French card reader and PIN number system, the card does not leave your person with this. :)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
rolfw said:
I'm a big fan of the French card reader and PIN number system, the card does not leave your person with this. :)
The Ruperts i seen put card on (mint saucer) which waiter then went and swiped, but also even if you pay at counter (these counters a 4ft 6in high, and you cant see what there doing with it) and add to this the fact your BEVVIED up, (simple). JUST PAY CASH,

I think that bent "hole in the wall machine" was a good (if not great idea)
even would have had ME there, and i aint nobodys fool.