The best set up for new dish, your views

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Hi im just about to purchase a new dish, it will either be an 80-90 dish and ive just been reading that topic about the andrews 90cm actually and that seems like a nice model, anyways my question is this.

I have a motor which i just recently purchased and wondered whats the best option to go for when setting the whole thing up. The system is for my bedroom but other people in the house might want to use it at a later date.

I was thinking if i have another output coming from the lnb its just to be the same as me connecting my reciever to another 1 because they can only watch whatever satellite im on cant the.

I could use multiple lnb's but is this a good tactic to go with? it would take alot of setting up but is this a good option to pick?

If im watching west other wont be able to watch east will they unless purchase another dish.

Or is it best to just use the 1 connection coming from the lnb?

your views or comments are welcome to how you would go about setting a system like this up, im just curious about whats best to do before i set it up.
In a year or so time i might think....how will i allow another room to watch what they want also.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Use a quad lnb 4 outputs all working independantly thus allowing 4 receivers all receiving different channels at the same time

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
if you buy an andrews 90cm dish they wont fit onto a diseqc 1.2/usals motor and need either the polar mount+ actuator or a h2h motor like jaeger 1224

topper, the quad idea wont work will it as the op said about usaing a motor and if other people want to use it then they will have to view the same channels ?

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Andrews 90cm are heavy and there are better dishes in that size range.

For 90cm, the best dishes currently are Kathrein CAS90, Fibostop 90cm(Masterfocus).

Both of these you can use a Moteck Diseqc motor, don't buy the Stab motor as they got a lot of slack and other annoying things.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
wod said:
topper, the quad idea wont work will it as the op said about usaing a motor and if other people want to use it then they will have to view the same channels ?
Yes and the o/p is well aware of that as he posted at that time

If im watching west other wont be able to watch east will they unless purchase another dish.

So therefore as he knows that fact then what is the question about? if he has a motorised system they will be restricted to the same satellite that he is watching, isn't that what he wants? but he is asking for suggestions as how to achieve multiple outputs from that motorised dish?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
yeah just peoples views on what best option to pick is, i already have the motor and im not sure what make it is but i can soon find out.

I liked that quad idea but it would only work when plugged itn o1 receiever wouldnt it? so therefore its pointless as i can use the motor to switch between satellites anyways.

But basically you guys are saying, if you want to allow another reciever to watch whatever is on they will either have to watch off same satellite or watch the channel currently being viewd by me?

this isnt how to set it up, its views on what you think the best option would be to allowing multiple users to view from 1 dish with motor

is this 80cm steel dish shown below ok do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80cm-Hi-Gain-...8QQihZ016QQcategoryZ29783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also for people seeking an interest have a look at this baby, has a price tag along with it 2 lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Omnisat-Semit...6QQihZ001QQcategoryZ76066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the quad lnb will work but you will need to run a cable to the extra receivers in other rooms where you can view other channels on the satellite the dish is pointed to while some one else can watch another channel