Listen Up The betting Thread

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
Ok, I have gratefully leeched off of this forums expertise for 3 years now and added no knowledge whatsoever, for the simple reason that I am not up to the standard of the experts on here.
What I am expert in is betting, since I left school in 1975 , all I have ever done is bet.
Until the internet arrived in, for me about 1998, I just about scraped a living, with the arrival of the internet, it was a different story, and suddenly I was rich with more money than I could ever spend(being a simple kind of person)
I say this not to brag, but to justify if anyone in this thread ever asks advice.
What has prompted this thread is the fact that today, I read an article about the amount of money the big bookmakers Pay Mps to look after their interests in parliment, they are not spending this amount money to look after the general public, but to fleece.
The actual MPs should hold their heads in shame, but they don't. same in any business line I suppose.

Did you know that If you have never bet with online bookmakers there are people who will pay you upwards of £500 just for opening accounts with the bookies?, for some one struggling temporary it is a godsend. And the beauty is its not a con, proffesional punters have a integrity level far beyond any other level of business
model.
The reason they do this is because the government has pandered to the big bookmakers, and allowed them legislation drawn up for terriorsm, which the bookies are only to eager to hide behind.
A simple example would be , you deposit £ 50 and win £50. so you try and withdraw your £100 in the account, the bookies will say" no, we need documents to prove who you are , you amay be money laundering for terrorists"
Why would they do that?, you may ask?
Because whilst the to and froiwng of documents occurs, they have a button which you can press, to cancel the withddrwael and bet with money
One bookmaker was actually caught in emails promising % bonuses for every cancelled withdrawel., how sick.
Any way just one of the pitfalls of betting, all sanctiond by greedy Mps
Any query about betting just ask, , any insider info I will tell.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
My betting is confined to hoping I'll ever "win" more than £25 on my Premium Bonds!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
One of my extended family members makes his living from this. His credit rating is zero because he never worked and never had a loan in his life - all income is from gambling/betting/poker etc. He has a mortgage-free house and a new car every year...

So it's possible to make a good living but only *if* you know what you're doing. Otherwise you'll be in the dog-house for the rest of your years.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
My dad always said betting is a mugs game and I have never placed a bet yet in a 'bookies' yet and would not know how to, to me it was always a case of if ever I have spare money I will give it a try, but I have never had that 'spare' money. If you will pardon the pun it is horses for courses:rolleyes: