the bidding is in!

digital baby

Reaction score
Hey peeps! The BBC in co-operation with ITV is planning a new FTA service this includes 24 channels (i dont know if that number includes the standard 1-5) and 3 b$kyb channels (FTA??) I also know that Channel 4 have placed a bid, although as yet i cant find out what type of service they will be offering. Just thought that those of us who havent abandoned the DTT service might be interested! have fun :) :)

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Well that's good news, as long as murdock hasn't got anything to do with it..

Pixey

O

oaker

very sketchy what channels will be shown by each bidder .and i suppose they must have detailed buisness plans for the itc to take them seriously.but sky is just a service provider offering three of their channels in the bbc bid

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Jun-02 AT 08:40 PM (GMT)]Net1, quite happy for you to give a full link to this information.

http://www.dvbcomment.co.uk

Rolf

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jul-02 AT 07:52 AM (GMT)]And it seems the BBC/Castle/Sky bid has won.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Any idea what the sky influence might be - I have heard it will all be FTA, and that's very un-sky!!

Pixey

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
The channel line-up is expected to include BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Choice, ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and Channel 5.

It is also set to include BBC News 24, Sky News, Sky Sports News, CNN and ITN.

Other channels expected to be on offer include Welsh language broadcaster S4C, BBC Four, UK History and CBBC.

The line-up will also include BBCi, offering interactive television and text, and other interactive services which have yet to be confirmed.

Six BBC radio services will be available, as well as a number of as yet unconfirmed commercial radio stations.