The end is nigh...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Don't forget that tonight the last of the analogue on the mainland dies, BBC1, ITV, C4 and C5 all bite the dust after midnight tonight...

With all the bad weather reports on the telly today, I almost forgot myself... O-Ha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tyne Tees finally catches up with us pioneering Borderers :D

You are only 4 years behind us :-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
All well and good, but I've got to erect my spare Yagi in the rain tomorrow!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
@2CV: Is it done yet?

Been out all morning, but it's not raining so I thought I might try to fit up an Aerial in the hope of getting more than one DTT Mux now.

Ta.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tivù said:
@2CV: Is it done yet?

Given that it probably happened about 12 hours ago (I slept through it this time), I would say so, I've retuned out freeview boxes and they've got a couple of new channels (one I was looking for was 4seven, on channel 47, wasn't available round here until today), so time to stick yer twig up I'd say... O-Ha

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thanks - The reason I asked was that plans/schedules are not always adhered to - the actualité is better.

I shall erect my twig .................

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, just a throw-up balanced on top of a stepladder has got me a full strength Mux and a Medium one.

Never had better than Poor before, so it looks like this might work.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Rain stopped play for a good while, but have now fitted a bracket and short mast and now getting 98 services.

Thanks to RolfW for his optimism and to 2CV for reminding me there is DTT out there somewhere :D

I suppose it'll come in handy now that

a. Two Tuners + HDD seems barely enough given the usual "everything good is on at the same time" syndrome that Autumn has already brought

b. Rain tends to be heavier these days of alleged Climate Change (albeit not significantly man-made) and does knock out reception by Satellite on occasion, despite careful alignment etc.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tivù said:
and to 2CV for reminding me there is DTT out there somewhere :D

It's everywhere, whether we want it or not... :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
So you havent drifted away in the floods round Yorkshire then Tivu :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, but it took my neighbour two hours to do the 20 minute school run this morning and SWMBO took an extra 40 mins getting home just now.

Neighbour still not back from the afternoon school run.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shame I didn't keep that inflatable boat that I found in the shed of my 2nd house, could have donated it to somebody who lived in the flood risk areas, as a "just in case" option... O-Ha

Still, just goes to show, don't live next to a river, otherwise you may end up rather wet, or in the case of those flats teetering on the edge of collapse, homeless too... :-ohcrap

Anyway, made a new aerial the other day to replace the FM radio aerial I was using, it's basic, just two 25cm lengths of copper wire attached to one of them aerial plugs with the 2 screws on them, and it works great now post-switchover, before there were channels that needed it angled so they didn't squibble about, but now, it's vertical and happy to work as it is, so, a free aerial that doesn't need to be outside, though I'm still going to try and make up the aerial feed to the bedrooms, seeing how there's an aerial on the roof that's much more reliable... :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The worst flooding in North Yorkshire has been (and still is) the A1 from Leeming to Dishforth.

This is a newly upgraded section, so you'd think they'd have provided adequate drainage ..................... but it appears they didn't (Heads to roll?) and not only that but they pumped water off the carriageway onto the neighbouring fields and seemed somewhat surprised it ran back off the fields onto the carriageway.

You couldn't make it up.

Where do they think most of the floodwater came from in the first place?

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
my nephew just sent me these pics -- that he took on his phone - over in Wensleydale

that is one very strong stone wall ----:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nelson_b said:
that is one very strong stone wall ----:)

Not only that, it's also become a wet-stone wall, cos it certainly ain't dry anymore... :-rofl2

Nice water feature though... O-Ha