The EPL choices (Non 3pm Saturday games)....

Maxtheyid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None (yet!)
My Location
England
..as far as I am aware the choices for EPL games are as follows:

SkyItalia
Nova Greece
ViaSat
Tring

I'm leaning towards Nova Greece as there seems to be uncertainty over ViaSat...not as fussed about the holy grail of the Saturday 3pms (would be a bonus of course!) but just want a cheaper alternative to Sky in my bar.

Anyone have strong feelings for/against the options outlined above, or know of better alternatives; I know it's all a little uncertain at the moment.

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forget Tring - there have been no end of problems with them in recent months.

gooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
home built computer,passion hd stb,techomate 5200 super,1mt motorised dish
My Location
Essex/Gran Canaria
with nova if you wont HD that is paired to the stb (there own one)

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
Another vote for Nova here, it is the best and most stable way of getting the max number of games IMO

I have a Nova Gr sub, a Viasat, and a Tring sub and the Nova hasn't flickered, whereas I've had nothing but trouble with the other 2.

Sky italia does have fair coverage but no english comms so I let my sub expire and replaced it with the Viasat.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Sky italia is ok but as I only have calcio channels I can't see any of the games tonight due to serie b taking priority.

I would say go for nova had it in the past and the coverage was great.

kiddy010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1mtr motorised. tm1500
My Location
A, A
ive got viasat, i lost the 3pm games several weeks ago. ive had no real explanation as to why.. tonite i can only get 1 game. epl 1 2 3 45 show channels not available. looking for answers and any resolution too. up till then viasat been ok... ha.... please help mee....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
kiddy010 said:
ive got viasat, i lost the 3pm games several weeks ago. ive had no real explanation as to why.. tonite i can only get 1 game. epl 1 2 3 45 show channels not available. looking for answers and any resolution too. up till then viasat been ok... ha.... please help mee....

Viasat Latvia seem to have been banned from showing the 3pms in recent weeks. You can thank the installers who have put thousands of Viasat boxes in pubs around the UK over the last 6 months or so for this turn of events

Please fill your location in properly - as a technical forum we insist on folk putting a reasonably accurate location up.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I would suggest you look at Bulsat, the Diema package on 39 Hellasat is pretty good if you got the right receiver :)

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
There is also Satellite BG on 23° which has its fair share of games no English comms but does have some 3pm's

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Analoguesat said:
Viasat Latvia seem to have been banned from showing the 3pms in recent weeks. You can thank the installers who have put thousands of Viasat boxes in pubs around the UK over the last 6 months or so for this turn of events

Please fill your location in properly - as a technical forum we insist on folk putting a reasonably accurate location up.

The games tonight are at 19:45 so it seems like they've blocked them from showing the non-Sky (or Premier League TV) games rather than just the 3pms. Seems like the Xtra PL channels are completely blocked then. Definately the installers' faults as they were only selling Viasat Baltic because Denmark and Sweden are still allowed them

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
The Baltic ones probably got attacked due to the fact they allow Pre paid systems which means thousands of cards end up here in UK.
The Nordics don't do Pre Paid cards & need to stay in their country & if they find out they are not, those cards get zapped.

Viasat Lithuania actually allow their cards abroad within the EU & will even advise what size dish is needed from
whatever country you are trying to watch their programs from.

So i think the answer is down to

Baltic = Pre Paid = Restricted viewing & No Xtra PL & NO 3pm (only allow Sky / Espn games mainly)
Nordic = Monthly = No Restrictions & full access to Xtra PL & 3pm