The furthest WEST I should go?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
My Dish/Motor is mounted on the south end of the east wall. On the south wall is a conservatory which makes iot difficult to mount a dish on the south wall without removing glass.

the furthest west I can swing my dish without it fouling on the wall is 30W.
Are there any satellites further west than that, that are worth receiving?

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
In my opinion no, 30W is the last real good one west, unless you are religious and want to see some channels on 43W. After that there is not much left. 45W and 58W is not worth driving to. 61W only has one Europe beam but not activated so far. So to make it short. 30W is currently one of the best but probably not for very long, since encryption changes arounfd the corner ;)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks

Not worth the major work to move the dish on to the south wall then.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
claasi said:
In my opinion no, 30W is the last real good one west, unless you are religious and want to see some channels on 43W. After that there is not much left. 45W and 58W is not worth driving to. 61W only has one Europe beam but not activated so far. So to make it short. 30W is currently one of the best but probably not for very long, since encryption changes arounfd the corner ;)

so we going to lose all 30 west chanels where you get this info as it was said we lose chanels at end of september and now midle october