The Idiots Guide to Satellites

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Ok all you cool dudes!!!.....now i gotta say i'm a good nuts and bolts man....but like everyone just setting up in the big bird world i need to know the jargon or what words mean ....like Humax etc...got my drift?...so o'k i'm chokin back on my pride now!.....and i'm sure there must be loads of visitors who are new too and will read this!....so come on lets have a good link thats brief to the point without loads of reading that gives answers to these meanings........waverider.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
www.duwgati.com is a good site for info on programmers and cards Waverider, there is a glossary of satellite terms in the FAQ section here as well.

PS. Humax just means Humax. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Thanks rolfw....perhaps it might be a good idea to put a link up near Nobbly's page for reference....for people like myself just getting into sat systems

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We're happy to point people in the right direction Waverider, for every one person posting a question, there are probably 10 others looking for the same answer.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
guess your right rolfw .....as i said before i'm good with nuts and bolts...and normaly once i get stuck into something i learn pretty fast.....(been a mechinic for past 32 years!)..... it's just that i try to take in too much too soon through being eager....and like any field there always has to be jargon of some kind!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Oh by the way rolfw that last post gives me an idea :-)
....why does'nt someone on here compile some sort of workshop manual ...you know...tech data and that sort of stuff, thats easy to follow for the beginner? ...waverider