The MBC channels (Nilesat)

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Sun rises in the East and sets in the West u can determine which direction to point from this simple fact.
'What Satelite' has a map and all the listings for each satelite, good luck.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Looks like you've come back too far and have hit Astra 1G at 19 degrees East.

Your dish looks like it's setup OK as you are getting a few satellites, but your reciever is not sending the dish to the right location.

Who set it up ??

L.:)

g_o_dson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500C+ and 90cm dish
My Location
London
Lancelot said:
Looks like you've come back too far and have hit Astra 1G at 19 degrees East.

Your dish looks like it's setup OK as you are getting a few satellites, but your reciever is not sending the dish to the right location.

Who set it up ??

i did a little research and also realised that i went back too far and hit Astra 1.

The problem is this - when i set the sat. to Nilesat and enter the freq i get a poor signal. When i then try to move it (via the motorised system) west i get a strong signal but however u've pointed out that it is Hispast. If i try to move it East the only strong signal i get seems like Astra 1 - i can't seem to find any strong signal in-between. This is strange because this has never happened before. Any ideas?

P.S. a guy from a satellite shop installed it.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
He should have set it up for your reference satellite to be 1 west.
When you say 'move the dish', how areyou moving it ? do you have a controller or is it just the reciever doing it for you ??

g_o_dson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500C+ and 90cm dish
My Location
London
Lancelot said:
He should have set it up for your reference satellite to be 1 west.
When you say 'move the dish', how areyou moving it ? do you have a controller or is it just the reciever doing it for you ??

when i select Nilesat the receiver automatically moves it to that satellite. Then when i enter/select a transponder, if it has a poor signal strength i presume is because the satellite isn't in the right position. I then have 2 options: "move" or "move fine". I've been selecting "move" and moving my dish either east or west, i'm now thinking that i should select the "move fine" to move it.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yes that sounds a good option.
Remember of course that Nilesat WILL be a weak signal in your area, but you may be able to get the MBC channels in good weather. The signal rises a bit in the evening so try after 9:00pm this evening.

Rgds

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi harrowwoman

I'm new here, not far from you, just off North Circular Road between Harrow Road and Western Avenue. I get good signals from both 7west (vertical) and 26east until it starts to rain, 1m dish. Then zilch.

PR

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Hi PR,
Its nice to know there is someone close by anyway! Dont worry, I wont be coming round to see your dish anytime!
I can get good signals on those too, and also 13 east is very good. Tried to set up the freeview yesterday to record a movie at 10pm. By 9.45 I ws not only surrounded by various wires that no longer has their right homes but had entirely lost the freeview channels, plus could not even get the tv to put out a good picture. Totally frustrated with the way things had turned out I threw the wires on the floor and took myself off to bed.
Tonight I will have another go this time with the appropriate instruction manuals to hand!

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Ha ha, harrowwoman
You would never see it from the road, ground mount in south facing back garden. I can receive from 45 east to 45 west when I keep the hedges either side trimmed to 2 metres high.
For freeview I use a log periodic aerial with inbuilt amplifier located just below the gutter. All signals received AOK from CP on an ASDA brand receiver.
PR

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
i think harrowman will need to have a bit bigger dish than the 90cm. I use to have a 1.1mtr dish motorised, but the 90cm is a bit small, I use 1.6mtr from the north east but even that can lose the picture with rain, mind i have yet to get a feedhorn and new lnb for it

R

Rd100

Here is south wales you need a 1.2m for the vertical transponders (mbc) and a 1.8m for horizontal transponders due to the horizontals being 2db weaker,

What 1.6 do you have

johnwilliam1 said:
i think harrowman will need to have a bit bigger dish than the 90cm. I use to have a 1.1mtr dish motorised, but the 90cm is a bit small, I use 1.6mtr from the north east but even that can lose the picture with rain, mind i have yet to get a feedhorn and new lnb for it

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
Rd100 said:
Here is south wales you need a 1.2m for the vertical transponders (mbc) and a 1.8m for horizontal transponders due to the horizontals being 2db weaker,

What 1.6 do you have

I use a 1.6 fortec star offset dish, i mentioned to you a couple of months ago about a feedhorn and you mentioned an inverto with matching feedhorn, well i have not got it yet but i will be getting it soon

mjanechimbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i live in Zimbabwe and have an echostar decorder
My Location
Zimbabwe
i am in zimbabwe and would like to recieve mbc channels how can i do this

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
mjanechimbo said:
i am in zimbabwe and would like to recieve mbc channels how can i do this

Im afriad your too far out of the range for this one, or you would need an exceptionally big dish... Sorry.

yuriythebest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pentium 4 3.06ghz with ht, 1 gb ram, ss2, 1.15m motor dish, strong srtv50
My Location
Europe, Ukraine
is mbc europe on hotbird called "MBC Maghreb Al-Arabia" cause there is no other mbc on hotbird, if so can anyone say what&when of english sitcoms is on?

as for mbc2,4- just opened Badr for the first time today, and I got my dish for like a week now, and have to say it's one of those things that make satellite 'enthusiasm' worth it. my Reccomended english series channels are now SF2 and mcb4.

by the way on mbc channels I get a 30% something signal, which I'm content with on account of my location. Where I'm at I have 1, yes 1 channel where signal strength is >90%, it's some geiorian one. And I have 1.15m dish.

yuriythebest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pentium 4 3.06ghz with ht, 1 gb ram, ss2, 1.15m motor dish, strong srtv50
My Location
Europe, Ukraine
g_o_dson said:
I find it difficult looking for channels cause i'm always guessing east or west

the most comfortable way is via a motorised dish.
1. first of get a "strongest transponders list" which is in the dish installation forum,
2.next choose a satellite,
3.set your reciever to scan for the strongest transponder for that satellite,
4.move your dish to the closest known satellite to the one you are trying to find,
5.slowly move your dish in the direction of the satellite you are searching
6. IF you find it, and that's a big IF, get the best signal possible
7. write down the rotation of the dish -with a motor it's easy,
8. do a full scan

how that helped. by the way I just wrote that didn't copy&paste:-omg

bh2362

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500
My Location
UK KENT
Hi Everybody,
Just wanted to post a question and hope someone might have experienced this or know what is going on.
I am living in Cyprus im English, I have the following Equipment:

1 m Dish
0.3 db LNB
Diseqc Motor
Dreambox DM600

im trying to pickup Showtime on Nilesat 7w. When i do a transponder scan i do not pick up these transponders, yet im getting 89% signal on the satellite and locked, i seem to get most of the other transponders infact i get over 1100 channels but can never bring in the showtime channels.

The motor works fine, i get hotbird 13E, Eutlesat 7E all fine. with great signal.

This is very strange i know most of the Showtime channels are on vertical transponders.

Everyone Else seems to be picking up showtime in cyprus with a 85cm dish but i cant.

Please help.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
When you say you get most of the other transponder channels,do you mean Nilesat channels? Are you receiving the free MBC channels ?

crispycat

Reaction score
MBC is easy to get on Nilesat from the south of Spain, the subtitles are allways on-screen but as it is just a set of squiggles and loops it does not command you to try and decipher it.
Great set of channels with American based progs.

As you were!

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Are you also getting Fox Movies ?