The Neutrals Liverpool v Chelsea Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
OK, here we go with another poll. This time Liverpool or Chelsea fans are not allowed to vote - we know who you support. But what I would like to know, who do you prefer to go through to the Champions League final tonight?

On one hand, we have a collection of the most expensive squad assembled in the history of football. Many of those who went to Chelsea in the past years have been lured to London by Romans Rubles (must) have regretted the move, and it seems whatever happens tonight there will be a clear out in the summer. Maybe even the Special One, who has been found out season. One cannot deny the effectiveness of the route one percentage football they play, especially when the players playing it are of the highest quality. When you got a Carvallho on one end and Drogba on the other together with the worlds best goalie results will be ground out. But the regret is that these players probably would have been able to offer much better football and much better results. Can you imagine the same set of players under Alex Ferguson (not too difficult to imagine, after all United were interested in Essien, Robben, Mikel Obi, and some names such as Ballack, Joe Cole were always mentioned as possible targets at the time). So, in my opinion Mourinho, even if he managed to win some trophies, did not make full use of the players at his disposal. He will never be regarded in the same bracket as (ouch this hurts) Wenger or Sir Alex because of this. I just hope that Chelsea's success in the last years will not convince more and more clubs to adopt this type of football. We all remember the last time this happened :eek:

On the other hand we have Liverpool, who are now in their second or third 5 year plan to Premiership glory. Change of managers - same results - but they are still top dog in England (and northern Europe for that matter) when it comes to the Champions League success. The last of their 4 successes (just kidding, we all know!) came unexpected even to Liverpool fans, but with Benitez they have a manager who does seem to operate in Europe on a better level than in the Premiership. In Liverpool they might not have the same quality in the squad as Chelsea, but they do have quite a few very good players. In a way, Liverpool play in the same style as Chelsea, with a very defensive orientated method. The difference is that they do not have Drogba, and the goalkeeper is not as good as Chech (but then who is...). Liverpool tend to try to pass the ball a little bit more, and they do try to play wide more often, but still when Crouch is playing there are too many high balls (sounds a bit like England, eh?)

So for the neutral observer this is a difficult one. One team, full of expensive players with a mouth of a manger playing long ball against a "normally" assembled team with very good players and a manager who comes across as nice and reasonable, also playing relatively "safe" and boring football. One team without tradition and history of winning, against a team with a long tradition and endless list of trophies, but most of them in the distant past.

For me, as a Manchester United fan, the choice is really difficult. As a United fan how can you possibly want Liverpool to go to the final?? Just the thought of those six fingered fans raising their digits in triumph makes me sweat. I used to like Chelsea before Mouhrinio came along together with that bold headed t**t Kenyon. The thought of them both gloating how Chelsea is now the best club in the world ever for all times makes me want to puke. I will therefore vote for Liverpool on the basis that Chelsea don't deserve to play in a final after squandering the obvious talents of their players in such a boring manner. I just hope that if and when Manchester United meets Liverpool in the final, it will be a United victory.

So, lets have your vote and your comments (keep it clean or you will get a red card!!!):)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I don't know which set of supporters are worse, on 606, and other phone in shows, we get Liverpool fans stating that this will be their sixth Champions League win, it's destined and they're already changing their shirts to read 6, but I think the Chelsea fans grate slightly more with their talk of winning every competition available, and this is the year of the quadruple.
So on balance I hope Liverpool knock them out, but I want Man Utd or Milan to win it !!!!!!!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I prefer Liverpool's style of play, so would like them to be in the final, I dislike arrogant gobby fans of any persuasion and unfortunately both teams have them in abundance, Liverpool probably have more though. ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
As a United, it doesn't really matter who as long as we get past Milan, but I actually would love to play Chelsea in the final if we got through - so we could beat them at Stamford Bridge, Wembley Stadium, and the Olympic Stadium in Athens! To say the least, I'm a complete bastard, and I'd love to see Jose's reaction, I think he'd actually try to happy-slap Fergie!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Ok, it is Liverpool through on penalties, well done. Even though the game was even, I think the Kuyt goal should have stood. Imagine if it had been the other way round...
So, with a bit of help from the football gods tomorrow Manchester United will go through and we will get a very interesting final.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
well that was interesting just had that feeling liverpool would do it and reina is just excellent at saving penalties

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
At least Chelsea won't need to add 'Club History' to their web site. :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
We used to have one or two Chelsea supporters on here but don't seem to be about lately.

Would be interesting to see what their take is on the Chelsea mob. And the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.