The Premier League - 2007/2008

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I won't have much to say on the subject this season ..... so don't think I'm ignoring you.:)

Because I will be. :mad:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Why's that then Jimbo? ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I did, of course, start this thread tongue in cheek but following a number of events recently (and the back-end of last season) I'm becoming disenchanted with premiership football. Especially heightened by hearing the PL boss say that they have learned from the Tevez saga that West Ham were not honest and open with the PL when this transfer was arranged. What is this man doing in this job. Wasn't it obvious to everyone and now it's escalated almost to court level. The PL thought that the hammers would go down and they would not need to make a decision about loss of points. That backfired ...ha ha.

Then we get Newcastle upping the price for Dyer AFTER everything was agreed and the player had had a medical. On comes big Sam and says, "we undervalued Dyer and obviously West Ham don't value him the same". HELLO, price agreed, medical held?????

Anyway I won't be keeping up with what cards get what PL games .... but look at a few on Sky if I get the time. Of course I'll look at Championship football but even there with Leeds at -15 points that league is not whiter than white.

I reckon the business side is overtaking the actual quality of product and the need to stay in the PL to satisfy the paymasters is making clubs push the boundaries of decency .... if not legality.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't disagree with any of that Jimbo, I have said all along that West Ham should have been given a points deduction, as they were deliberately dishonest and time has proven it.