The PSP phone finally arrives

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alas, not the all-singing, all-dancing, all game-playing phone we have all been craving, but a decent-ish fake from Hurbo, a Chinese mobile phone manufacturer.
The Hurbo A718 PSP phone is actually a not too bad device, with a two-way sliding pad, one way for an alphanumeric keypad and another for gaming keys, in a similar way to the much-prophesised PSP Phone.
The phone also has a two megapixel camera, and support for SD cards to add to its internal hard drive, though it’s unknown how big this is.
PSP or not PSP?
The phone clearly has the PSP tag on the back, but - and I’m going out on a limb here - I don’t think Sony has endorsed this phone, which lists ‘PSP emulation’ among the feature list.
The phone can apparently emulate other consoles too, including the Nintendo NES, which is surely a must-have for any gaming phone.
Alas, the phone is only GPRS enabled, with no word on whether there will be a 3G version soon, so at least Apple will be able to breathe a little easier.
There’s also no word on price, availability or whether the thing isn’t just made up, but a look at the promotion website also lists phones named the ‘Prince Edward series’, which come complete with antennas.
I’ll leave you to make your mind up on this one…

More...