The Queen and George W Bush

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks to my mole, I can exclusively bring you details of part of the conversation George W Bush had with Her Majesty the Queen at dinner the other night.

Dubya explained to the Queen that he felt that it was time to raise the status of America: "As I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how my country is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom"

The Queen replies: "I'm sorry Mr Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Dubya thought a while and then said: "How about a Principality then?"

To which the Queen replied: "Again, to be a Principality you have to be a Prince - and you're not a Prince ".

Bush thought long and hard and came up with: "How about an Empire then?"

The Queen, getting a little annoyed by now, replies: " Look Bush, to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in charge - and you are not an Emperor."

And before George W Bush could utter another word, The Queen said: "In any
case, I think you're doing quite nicely as a Country".

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
:D Nice Wolsty, would've been too subtle for Dubya though. :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Seems likely! Although I may misunderestimate him.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
well knowing dubya, he probably doesnt know where Great Britain is on the map any way. Darn, that's horrible thought, imagine one day he's saying to his chief of staff: who shall we bomb today??? perish the thought