The REAL FreeCAM2 v0.18 is out

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There have been a few "fake" versions floating around for a couple of weeks, which were simply v0.17 with a couple of insignificant edits, but today at last the real FreeCAM2 v0.18 has been released.

Download it here:
http://sat-digital-tv.admin.net.pl/upload/detale.php?id=6903

This one solves a lot of the problems that were restricting the user to only 2 or 3 encryption systems even when using a DS9 silvercard or 5-in-1 funcard.
The new v0.18 isn't quite as good as a Humax5400 patched with a pluscam, but it's close...
Many users are today reporting that the new version allows seamless zapping between channels on all 5 systems (Irdeto, Betacrypt, Seca, Viaccess and Nagravvision) using either DS9 or Funcards. This has been verified on a number od widely-used receivers including Echostar and Nokia.

Read the extensive info that is packaged in the zip file.

Enjoy!
2old (just passing through...)

M

mille_3

Hi 2old

You say that this has been tested on a variety of recievers including the nokia. Does that include the 9802? I have the freecam 2.017 right now and I can't for the life of me get it to clear anything besides Betacrypt. It seems all the hex files are incompatible with Nokia. Can you confirm that freecam 2.018 works with my kind of reciever? Thanks!

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi, I've just been playing with the 2018 on my 9800s, and I've seen Nagra, Seca, Irdeto, Beta, and some Via channels clear (only Sirius ones); also includes Taq which I believe was a problem with 2017.

Doodler

M

mille_3

That's awesome news, which files have you been using?? Hex files that is. Could you msg me the link in that case or give a hint. Thanks

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
here are some of the receivers it is confirmed working in:

- Echostar dvr7000, ad3000ip, ad3000ipva, d2500ip
- Nokia 9600, 9800s
- Humax 5400, 5600
- ZEHNDER 200CI
- RADIX3 CI
- Force 1030s
- Techni-Sat Cam1+
- Hauppauge wintv-dvbs card

Only Multivision and (at certain times) TPS channels remain a problem

2old

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Now I can see all Via with exception of TPS using SatKoos DS9v504 030202 - thanks to him (her?). Mille3 check your private mail for link. I note that there are now funcard hexfiles posted which are specifically tested with fc2018, haven't tested any of them. Looks like there's a real alternative to Hum5400 now.

Doodler

H

Haha

PLEASE, HELP!

I programmed my freecam (900264) with a "fake" version just one day before the real 018 version became available. My cam is no longer recognized by the receiver, nor by the laptop, although the download process was successful. I had programmed the cam a few times, all the way from 2-014 to 2-017, so I don't think that I have done something wrong this time (except of course for choosing the fake version). The urgent question is what I can do now. Is the cam completely useless? Is it possible that it will work again if I change some internal chips? And has anyone else destroyed his cam in this way?

Thank you in advance for any help!

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
At last its working.

I had a problem with V0.17
I could not switch to SECA on a DS9 Silver card and so had to use a Gold card for Seca. The DS9 card worked fine for Viaccess only.

Now after upgrading to V0.18 I can use it for Viaccess and Seca in the same DS9 file and there is no need to change the settings in the CAM menu.

I have a Fortecstar FSCI 9800 receiver.

Just to tell everyone know that it works for me.

Best regards,
Jude

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi HaHa,

Your cam is not completely useless,you can send it to this guy steviewonder@cwcom.net, he would repair your cam for a fees.

Regards

Prince

B

billy

>Hi, I've just been playing with the 2018 on my 9800s, and
>I've seen Nagra, Seca, Irdeto, Beta, and some Via channels
>clear (only Sirius ones); also includes Taq which I believe
>was a problem with 2017.
>
>Doodler

I have the same setup and have never been able to get my cam working this is great news. Could you please email me the working hex files for me to try and what card did you use i.e GW fun,silver etc..

billy

Z

zzoottt

dont wish to put a spanner in the works but used freecam 2017 fine on irdeto betacrypt via seca (exept palco )and nagra upgraded to 2018 now unable to get nagra @ 30w using fun or ds9 witch i got b4 ps can get palc now

telemea1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
hi, i have 2 questions:
1. can anyone confirm freecam 018 working with humax 5100 ?
2. how can i know if i've got the "real" or the "faked" version
of freecam 018 ?
thx, telemea

I

irk49

Hi,
I am planning to buy freecam 2.018 from cardmania to experiment
a little with my my Echostar AD3000. I will also
need Funcard and programmer. There are many funcards: with
64, 128 and even 256 kB Eprom, is the Funcard 2.0 64k the best
or only suitable, or the ones with more memory would be better?

The same is with programmers: there is cheap Funprog or more advanced Millenium. Are they functionally equivalent from the point of Funcard programming?

Thanks a bunch to all souls who decide to enlighten me:-)

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
Concerning the card you are better off getting the one with EEprom
24c64 as there are more files available for this than the other eeprom you mentioned.consider also buying DS9 card, as this sometimes work better than the funcard.
I suggest you buy an Elvis programmer, since it does all type of cards.
I also first bought the Millenium which is now gathering dust in my draw.

Regards

Prince

B

BillyBits

Hi 2old,

I use have an Echostar 3000via, FreeCAM 2.018 and DS9v504.
This setup works well apart from the clash between the internal and CI cam.
The Echostar internal viaccess cam has limited functionality compared to the FreeCAM and does not allow the FreeCAM to service any Viaccess channels.

Is it posible to "switch-off" the internal cam? or
Is it possible to use the non via firmware in my 3000via?

Any thoughts / suggestions.

BillyBits:'(