the red light of death on coship2300b

daddyrabbit

Reaction score
i loaded a bin called toby63 bin onto my coship 2300b and now all i get is the red light wont boot ,will not do anything , i have tryed loading with difrennt computers , i did the steps that gjones posted from what i read there is not much to be done about this , i have tryed all the loaders i can find and nothing , anyone know of anything would be apreated thank you

Originally Posted by gjones
steffan_st

try this it may work

It happened to me and within minutes i fixed it.

1. Make sure you shut the back on/off switch to off.
2. Plug the serial cable to it and start the uploader tool.
3. now turn the back switch on
4. Hit the Upgrade software button and reload the file.
5. Let it load all the way and just wait till your receiver says good. Disregard if the computer says transfer complete.

once it says good i shut the back button off and it booted fine.
This is just to get the reciever back up and running but to let you know that software is Bull. Maybe soon the real thing will come out. good luck

THis happened with the 2300B.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
daddyrabbit said:
i loaded a bin called toby63 bin onto my coship 2300b and now all i get is the red light wont boot ,will not do anything , i have tryed loading with difrennt computers , i did the steps that gjones posted from what i read there is not much to be done about this , i have tryed all the loaders i can find and nothing , anyone know of anything would be apreated thank you

Originally Posted by gjones
steffan_st

try this it may work

It happened to me and within minutes i fixed it.

1. Make sure you shut the back on/off switch to off.
2. Plug the serial cable to it and start the uploader tool.
3. now turn the back switch on
4. Hit the Upgrade software button and reload the file.
5. Let it load all the way and just wait till your receiver says good. Disregard if the computer says transfer complete.

once it says good i shut the back button off and it booted fine.
This is just to get the reciever back up and running but to let you know that software is Bull. Maybe soon the real thing will come out. good luck

THis happened with the 2300B.

I have not tried it but this has happened to other receivers and they are using JTAG. I do not know if this works you might give it a try.

maxmaxmax

Reaction score
I have the same problem with coship 5300a. have you found the solution to reset it?

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
maxmaxmax said:
I have the same problem with coship 5300a. have you found the solution to reset it?

I have been on other sites and they say if nothing else works you have to JTAG the bin into the receiver.

I do not have a Jtag so I cannot tell you how to do it.