The World in 2100

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Today is the 4th, October 2009.
Step into your time machine, set the dial to 4th, October 2100 and tell us what the world would be like in 2100.
The most accurate report will get a prize of 1000 Pounds today's worth in 2100.
Also, some of the ideas might be adapted for a new SF film by sharp eyed Hollywood film makers. But don't expect any payment for your ideas. If you do well you might get something.

Points to consider:
1 - Population of humans
2 - resources of food and water
3 - Man/woman ratio
4 - New energy resources
5 - Electronic innovations
6 - Travel methods. Will cars and trains be extinct so as to use the roads and railways to build more houses due to land diminishing.
7 - War and peace status. Weapons of mass destruction or world peace by all nations.
8 - Population of animals and possible extinct species
9 - Health and medical care
10 - Internet biggest alternative
11 - Communication methods. Will the mobile die and give way to a new gadget?
12 - Entertainment for the masses. We have now theaters, cinemas, TV for the home, Concert halls, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops. What would be the new method to keep us entertained.
13 - Sports. Any new sport to drive millions of people crazy?
14 - Clothes and fashion
15 - Books and publishing
16 - Robotics and intelligent computers.
17 - Housing. Are we going to keep living on land or in cities under water if lands become over flooded by the oceans.
18 - International communities. are we going to be just one big family nation or there will still be countries like we have today?
19 - Monetary system
20 - s_x. Will it improve or get worse.
21 - Life expectancy for men and women. Shorter or longer.
22 - Outer space travel
23 - Education. New universities and research facilities or humans will have low IQ due to some disease that attacks the brains and makes it the size of a pigeon's?
24 - Family size. Will there be any restrictions due to depleted food and water resources?

Ok. Let's see your reports, hopefully before 2100.:)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The little white mice are just biding their time .................

If the Human Race really values its contribution to the life of Planet Earth, perhaps getting rid of the obsession with prolonging life would be the greatest single factor in making us worthy.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Would you say 50 or 60 is a good age to leave this planet with a smile on our faces?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Little by little.

75 might be nearer the mark - for now!

Historical advances in Medicine and Hygiene are double edged swords - undeniable signs of intelligent civilisation but also markers for hunger and economic disaster in the long run.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
What do you see for point 21 - Life expectancy in 2100 for men and women?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Zero.

I believe that natural phenomena are massively unpredictable despite the various views of experts and that natural climate change (The Man-made direct contribution is likely to prove to be an insignificant distraction) will do as it has done many times before and alter the viability of the entire planet - and at a rate which will snowball (perhaps an unfortunate choice of word!) exponentially within forty or fifty years.

"Matron, increase the dosage of my intravenous Whisky"

Unfortunately, that renders most of the Points for consideration in your OP redundant, so ........ :-shh

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
In 2027 or 2047 the mystery of Egyptian pyramids will be solved.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
One thing is sure: We'll be all dead. The only one to stay alive will be Rolf as he is already half man half machine. He will upload himself into the internet and rule the sat world.

On a serious matter, the subject is too complicated for some causal posts. I have read Science Fiction since I was 13 or so, and I believe most of what is going to happen is already described more or less.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
all satellites will be no more,because,the all destroyed,by massiv solar wind strorms!
in one word,that would mean,in around 90 years,we have nothing to discus.when all the birds are gone :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The thousand pounds I might get as a reward would be swallowed up by the interest and tax on it, a bit before 2100, so I'll keep my suggestions to myself.