Thinking about going Wireless - Read here for a great bargain?!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I've just made two of my Dreamboxes wireless, and I wanted to share a deal with you. I got myself two Netgear WGE111 Wireless Game Adapters for £97! They're basically ethernet bridges, in fact they are, and 54Mbps which I wanted for extra speed. Excellent little boxes, and have setup with relatively little problems with WEP and MAC filtering.

Where did I get them for £97 you may ask? PC World of all places! Goto their website, and their online price is £31 cheaper than the store price. Think they have free delivery at the mo so act quick. I did the Collect in store option, which allows you to collect them at your local store for the online price, which is a great idea I think, and meant I had them an hour later after ordering online! Total saving of about £63, brilliant. Couldn't find them cheaper at Ebuyer, Dabs, Savastore or anywhere else. PC World...Unbelievable!

Won't mention anything about setting these up as there is an extensive guide available in Dreambox section, which I only saw afterwards...Doh! If anyone wants to ask though I'll let ya know what I did. My specific setup is a Netgear DG834GT Wireless ADSL router!

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
3X DM800, 1X DM7020, 1.2Meter Gibi + Jaeger 1224 H-H Motor, 80CM Fixed Dish, TV Ports in every room - ZonedHost.com Administrator
My Location
U.K.
yazooo said:
I've just made two of my Dreamboxes wireless, and I wanted to share a deal with you. I got myself two Netgear WGE111 Wireless Game Adapters for £97! They're basically ethernet bridges, in fact they are, and 54Mbps which I wanted for extra speed. Excellent little boxes, and have setup with relatively little problems with WEP and MAC filtering.

Where did I get them for £97 you may ask? PC World of all places! Goto their website, and their online price is £31 cheaper than the store price. Think they have free delivery at the mo so act quick. I did the Collect in store option, which allows you to collect them at your local store for the online price, which is a great idea I think, and meant I had them an hour later after ordering online! Total saving of about £63, brilliant. Couldn't find them cheaper at Ebuyer, Dabs, Savastore or anywhere else. PC World...Unbelievable!

Won't mention anything about setting these up as there is an extensive guide available in Dreambox section, which I only saw afterwards...Doh! If anyone wants to ask though I'll let ya know what I did. My specific setup is a Netgear DG834GT Wireless ADSL router!

getting this setup also with a £34 from pc world the belkin version the ethernet gaming adaptor bigger speed this one so its really a great deal also