Thinking of buying an Echostar

nitefire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish TD110 Diseqc USALS Twin LNB Tecnomate TM-5302HD
Pair of T&K brackets
My Location
Grays,Essex
I have a Technomate TM5500 CI Pluse and really hate it, working with a 1M dish and Diseqc motor, what I went to know is if
any of the Echostar models are better, because I like the idea of up date via receiver OTA.
Also is it all pre tuned or will I have to ask the shop to do that for me?
please help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Echostars seem to have problems with some of the newer CAMs, or at least some of them do, what is it that you don't like about the Technomate?

nitefire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish TD110 Diseqc USALS Twin LNB Tecnomate TM-5302HD
Pair of T&K brackets
My Location
Grays,Essex
The tuning into satellites. The arc is set I know that for sure. I can get all satellites except
Telecom2D 8w,Atlantic bird1 12.5w, intelsat901 18w. Past that I can receive fine and east satellites are fine.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Failure to tune into these birds is unlikely to be down to your receiver, have you checked that the transponder that you are searching is available with your dish size? I presume that you have looked at Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/i901.shtml for this and the other satellites.

andy1turner

Reaction score
My Location
Southern Scotland and also Biarritz, France
Hi Nitefire
I used to have a Manhattan 5500 but recently upgraded to an Echostar 3600ADIP.

I really like the Echostar menus. Also it is much better at integrating analogue with digital. Watch the on line updates as they are not always as current as those on the Echostar web site.

There are also some gotchas with some CAMs. Can't remember which one but when it went to version 2 the Echostar couldn't cope. They posted a beta copy of the firmeware omn the site that works. Don't know if this is still a problem. I don't use CAMs anyway so it doesn't bother me too much.

HTH
Andrew
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Xtreme PVR's are a very good box too....no real need to buy a cam if you have one of these!

jimmay

Reaction score
nitefire said:
I have a Technomate TM5500 CI Pluse and really hate it, working with a 1M dish and Diseqc motor, what I went to know is if
any of the Echostar models are better, because I like the idea of up date via receiver OTA.
Also is it all pre tuned or will I have to ask the shop to do that for me?
please help
Hi nitefire. I have an echostar ad3600 which i programmed myself. It will cost you extra to have it preprogrammed, about £70. It is more fun doing it yourself.Hope that this helps you make a decision. The software can be upgraded by satellite through the reciever or through your computer. good luck.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I helped set up a customers AD3600 Viacess embedded unit a few days ago

I was very impressed, especially with the autosearch facuilty on the custom install. Finally Echostar have got their act together