Thor 1w picture problems/speed

Striker10

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
top of flats, london
hi,

Apoligises if my questions are dumb but i've looked all over the forum (promise) and i couldn't find any answers. I've a skystar 2 card on a p3 computer and my 80 metre dish is pointed to thor. Now i know that's not big enough to get private gold and a few other channels but i've had picture problems, but for example i read you can't see ki*sk because the picture breaks up as does the adult channel, bbc world etc using progdvb so i wanted to use alt dvb. On alt dvb on the kio*k channels alot of the time the channels come on but go off after a few seconds? anyone else have this problem? Also adult channel and some others (bbc world etc).. the sound cuts up and alot of the time the picture doesn't come on, though when it does the channels very slow. I'm using s2emu 1.08 by itself, anyone know if we can get these channels with a good picture on alt dvb or any other software and also would it help if i used a bigger dish? I do have a current softcam and using other software (progdvb) other channels don't seem to have a problem wanting to work for me -sighs-. If it helps i'm located in nw london Hope you guys can help me.

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
It could be that your processor is not fast enough - you need at least 800mhz to get a reliable result - although i am sure some people use a slower cpu and claim good results. I think ALTDVB in conjunction with S2 EMU is quite cpu hungry, so maybe try a different program. I use DVBDREAM, which gives me excellent results on Thor, with a 933mhx PIII, although i do have a 1M dish.
Hope this is of use
Peter in the Bus

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Kiosk worked just fine in DVBDream, ProgDVB and MyTheatre V2.76 on my P3 800 with a 70cm dish here on the sunny south coast.

They obviously still work on my XP2500 with an 88cm dish :)

Try my Skystar 2 tuning tips in another post on this forum.

Striker10

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
top of flats, london
Will do pal.

BGonaSTICK said:
Kiosk worked just fine in DVBDream, ProgDVB and MyTheatre V2.76 on my P3 800 with a 70cm dish here on the sunny south coast.

They obviously still work on my XP2500 with an 88cm dish :)

Try my Skystar 2 tuning tips in another post on this forum.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hello Striker, I recently had the same problem, using DVB-Dream it works.. well like a dream actually !!

And as others have advised Priv*te Gold is on a different beam on Thor not easily accessable from the UK so thats out for most of us.

Striker10

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
top of flats, london
cheers rod hulls telly. I managed to fix it so I can now watch bbc world in peace...:-) and dvvdream is good though i've not sorted out video properly yet because sometimes it's a black screen until I click on video and change internal to external graph but hey i'm not moaning. Thanks for all the help and advice