Thor 1W

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
It's been some time since I had to update my tit card, they where on weekly key changes at one point.

Can't help but feel, " They are up to something ".

But It's not the package it once was, so maybe wont be missed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agree Razor, something is afoot. :)

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
It is very strange indeed, its now quite some time since any changes, I wonder eqully what is about to change.

At least we know that normally they are not the fastest to change completely thier encryption.

At least that its hopefully good news

Regards

Old Satellite

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Razor said:
But It's not the package it once was, so maybe wont be missed.
I'd be in tears. Without it, I'd have to consider TUTV to get my Discovery Channel...:-ohmy

Gladiator8387

Reaction score
My Location
CypRuS
Can anyone confirm that i can decrypt channels on 0.8w (Thor Conax encryption) with a magic module and a cas interface?..

Or do i need a titanium card as well..

If yes.. how do i decrypt?

Alan Pee

Reaction score
Gladiator8387 said:
Can anyone confirm that i can decrypt channels on 0.8w (Thor Conax encryption) with a magic module and a cas interface?..

Yes you can Glad., but you need a Tit card with your magic. I don't think you can decrypt conax with only magic cam. You have to update your MC with Penta 1.11 and then load your tit card with the latest conax files.

Gladiator8387

Reaction score
My Location
CypRuS
My magic module is loaded with MR1.13..i have cas interface and i can program it.. But i dont have a aprogrammer for tit card.. (btw is blue tit card ok?)..Can i enter the keys via remote control to my receiver?

Or do i need a programmer for cards..?

Alan Pee

Reaction score
Gladiator8387 said:
My magic module is loaded with MR1.13..i have cas interface and i can program it.. But i dont have a aprogrammer for tit card.. (btw is blue tit card ok?)..Can i enter the keys via remote control to my receiver? Or do i need a programmer for cards..?
The manual entering of the keys on MR Conax does not work. You need a tit card. Don't you have a CAS Interface Add-on for card programming? If you do not, you can arrange to get one. Its not expensive and its very handy because with the MC & MR you will always need tit cards with them to decrypt some encryptions.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Gladiator8387 said:

I think I read somewhere that CNX on an MM is possible, without a Tit card. If you can go to the DEN or DUDEZ and have a look at their MM sections you might find what you need. Would go and get the info for you now, but alass I'm off to work now.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A neighbour of mine had recently installed a receiver,1m dish and an invacom 0.3db LNB. He got a professional to install his system on 1 west, but ended up on 0.8 west. When he sets the receiver to search for channels on 1 west it will not do so. Some of the problem is that even in reasonably fine weather he canot view the Kiosk channels, but does get a reading of 78% Signal with 80-85% quality, He has been told by another sat enthusiast that he should also be able to get 1 West without moving the dish, if 0.8 west is set up correctly and that a misalignment may be the problem........ Can any one advise....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A good 1m dish and positioner will show up the difference of 2 degrees, but under circumstances I would have thought the installer has set the dish up slightly East of 0.8West, which is why he can see these channels, but not 1w

Or (just maybe) the receiver does not have the correct channel data in the memory for 1 west, but this is unlikely

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We are situated in South West Ireland, Tralee, Co. Kerry to be precise, Would I be better off At 1 West, or 0.8 west.

Thnaks

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Very strange Jimmy, If the receiver can see 0.8W it should see 1W. I'm in ROI and get 1W at 78% Signal and have no probs with the Kiosk channels. Maybe if he can delete all channels and then do a rescan it might help.

What type of receiver is it ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
jimmyireland35 said:
The receiver is a Manhattan 6800, This sounds like a misalignment to me.

If its a 6800 then it could quite easily be the firmware not having the correct transponder frequencies in it

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If CH is right, check lyngsat.com and check/punch-in the correct frequencies, and then re-scan.

andymanchester

Reaction score
i live in England and get 0.8 and thor 1 west clear with 70 signal.I cannot view anychannels on 1 west with a Symbol Rate of 28000 but can view all the ones with 24500 including kiosk.Im using a patched Interstar Dsr8001 and and 90 cm Dish Have a nice night Andy