time to change channel

elniniol999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet!
My Location
edinburgh uk
before i start ill say that i do not currently have any sat setup - im evaluating all my options first :)

was thinking wholey on a multi lnb setup to pickup 13e 16e 19e and 28e but looked at all the footy id miss from all the other sats and now considering a motor instead.

not knowing a lot about how the receiver works in turn with the motor, i was wondering how long it takes to change channel from a station on say 19e to 1w? id prob be looking at getting a technomate 1500, im assuming you can program channels from different sats in a list of your channels yea?

also, would a multi lnb setup on a motorised dish be pointless? or is there benefits in it?

cheers for any info

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
it will take about 10 seconds or less on longer and a multi lnb setup on motorised yes pointless m8.

elniniol999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet!
My Location
edinburgh uk
cheers for info and quick reply

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi elniniol999 and welcome to the forum

Since you are in Ediburgh and football is your main bag, the two questions I would ask are

Are you interested in football of all types ?
Do you live in a windy area ?

I am thinking that a Technomate with a standard sized dish (80cm) and DiSEqC motor, may not give you all you might be interested in. It might be worth looking at a larger dish in the first instance, and possibly a converter to drive a standard actuator system

elniniol999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet!
My Location
edinburgh uk
well im lookin mainly at footy but basically anything to fill in the large area of garbage tv i receive on terrestrial.

its not hugely windy area.. im looking at an 85cm dish.

can you tell me what you actually mean by actuator etc? youve lost me!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Actuator as in standard (not DiSEqC) motor.

The converter changes the DiSEqC protocol to pulse information using four - or five - wires.