Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Hi,
Have been functioning well for two years.It gave up the ghost today with a message 'no channel list'.
It was tuned to Hotbird 6 but on checking, the original settings have changed. Tried to reset but some of the parameters names are not on the screen. Being a novice I remain clueless. Please help.
Joelad

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try doing a factory reset on the unit, then add Hotbird as a satellite and search again.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Hi Rolf
Thanks for the guidance. According to the manual, feeding in the password is an essential prerequisite for factory default settings.Having done that I got to the point when ' The reset factory default are restored' appeared on the screen and the manual asked to press 'y' button. As this button was not on the remote control ,I clicked on 'yes' on the screen and clicked 'ok' to save. The screen went blank for about 3 secs and the main menu appeared on the screen without a confirmation message.
However I proceeded to set the hotbird6 station but some of the required parameters needed for this satellite station was absent.
Then I tried again factory default settings and when I fed in the prerequisite password the message 'password not matched' appeared.
I also noticed that the clock either froze or showed wrong time even after resetting the time.So sorry to bother. Any clues? Thank you.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Hi Rolf ,
Since writing the last thread to day, I had another try. Now every item in the menu asks for password, when fed chucks it out saying 'the password does not match' Seems I got into a deeper mess. Thanks

J

Jeff_19341

For the Technomates that I have had the factory set password has been 0000, if this helps. I never change passwords on my receivers, too many to remember for other things:-doh! .

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Thank you JuMbuck for your response. Your suggestion on password does not work either. Also, I wonder why the clock has frozen at an earlier set time. Could the problems be due to a faulty dish or dish to receiver connection? Seems a mystery!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you powered off at the mains and rebooted Joelad?

As far as I know, the password default is 0000 on the Technomate as JuMbuCk says, if it is playing silly buggers with other things like the date, then it may well be that the software is corrupt and needs re-loading.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Thanks again Rolf for your continued support. As a complete novice would you please advise how to re-boot and re-load software and how to access/get hold, of the software. Would they be outside the realms of my capabilities?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
You reboot your receiver by switching off the mains power for say a minute and then switching back on, bloody easy.
As for reloading software not so easy, but certainly not impossible.
Go to Technomates website www.technomate.com/software_updates.php
Select the TM5500D from the list and download the "loader" and the correct software for your receiver. There are two, one for the remote control with the blue centre, and one for the remote with the silver centre.

Now you should have the "loader" and the "software" on you PC.
Open the loader (double-click) press browse and select your software.
Conect PC and receiver with a null-modem cable (only about £5) and then download to your receiver.

If you have any problems just ask. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
2004 is the number to open and shut "cas menu", well worth remembering.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Thank you Jacko for your suggestion. Before attempting a software download as advised by Rob, I tried 2011 and presto it worked and I was able to access hotbird 6.But the the reception was not up to the former quality and strength.

So on checking back the figures I fed,I noticed they were different
Frequency has changed from the fed 11585 to 0
Symbol rate " " 27500 to 0
Polarisation " " V to H
Fec " " 3/4 to Auto
Also the bottom screen values for 'Strength' read 10,and ' Quality' 10
When I re-set the true values the Strength read 82 and Quality read 58
But the manual does not say how to save these values except to say press
'ok' to search

I also tried 'How to tune a fixed system...one dish' as per Technomate web site instruction but the 'signal quality' strength; the instructions speak of ,did not appear on the screen. Instead it proceeded to search the channels automatically. Could it be the dish is dirty? I am almost there. Please give me the last push.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Joelad said:
But the manual does not say how to save these values except to say press 'ok' to search

Hi Joe, I know my receiver is different to yours but when I press "OK" a box appears that says something like "You have made changes do you want to keep them" and there are two boxes one Yes and the other No, just press Yes.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Thank you Rob again. Unfortunately on pressing OK the message 'Saving data' appears and after about 5 secs the message 'Tuning Finalised' appears. But the problem still persists.
The Technomate online instruction gives the following ,as well.
If Satellites or channels are not found or saved correctly
Go to Satellite Setup and press OK. Use the right/left arrows on the remote to find the satellite that has the problem and press OK. Go to the bottom of the screen and press OK on Delete Satellite to delete satellite. Select Save and press the Exit button on the remote. Go to Auto Search and press OK to tune the same satellite again(For Technomate Motorised Systems).
I wonder I could use this method if serious problems does not arise because of this action, as mine is not motorised.

J

Jeff_19341

Yes that will get rid of any duff information in the memory for that satellite and then you should be able to scan the satellite again afresh.
That is how I get rid of rubbish on my Technomate 4000D and 5000DA.

jacko

Reaction score
hi joelad,
when you are in advanced search,and you are putting
in a new frequency you will have to go down to the bottom
of the screen to SAVE TP,then go to SEARCH TYPE----ALL.
also make sure the NETWORK SEARCH is on.
good luck.

Joelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hoybird 6
Technomate receiver
Dish
My Location
London
Very many THANKS Rolf, JuMbuCk,Rob and Jacko. With the invaluable help you all gave, my digi is back in buisness.I have also learnt some other aspects of these receivers, hitherto unknown to me. One caution though, for those with similar problems to mine, please also go to the Option section, select the misleading 'colour' where one could also fine-tune Brightness, Contrast and colour of course and then also adjust these same parameters of the TV, using its remote.
If I do not come back before Christmas, wish you all the best of the season and a happy new 2006.

J

Jeff_19341

That's nice for you to let us know that you have a result at last, and thanks for your thanks.

:-boom :-mamster :-mamster