TM 6900 HD Receiver (Please Help)

AlanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Combo 6900 HD

110cm Motorised Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
I have purchased this receiver a few days ago, and I have read all the HYPE about this all singing dancing baby...

How do I put a new Frequency into it? for example: 12284 on Sirus 4.8E which would allow me to watch Pro TV Intl ?

I have had to replace 3 LNB's as the receiver said there was an LNB Fault.

Whenever I move from one Satellite to another I have to re-tune because there is nothing there!

While I am watching something the receiver just switches off then comes back on, I am considering sending this item back to where it came from as it is not fit for its purpose.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

To add a new frequency to the transponder list,

Press menu, Installation, Advanced Search, select the satellite you want in the top row, Press Add Tp (green button) and then enter the transponder details in the next three rows.

Regarding the switch off problem, I would suggest that you check all your connections first, to make sure you have no shorts as this might cause problems as indicated. Also maybe, make sure you are not causing it to overheat by restricting ventilation.

Robbo:)

AlanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Combo 6900 HD

110cm Motorised Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thank you for your info regarding the imput of the Frequency which in my case is: 12284 Pro TV

I have done everything as you state here long before I came to this Forum as a last resort in getting this problem sorted.

What you are telling me is untrue and I can assure you the receiver is not allowing me to imput the Frequency.

Whenever I try to put this frequency in at the Transponder section, the whole system shuts down and the receiver goes directly to find the Sirus Satellite whenever it powers up again as if it were just switched on.

I have done everything you say and its a waste of time, in my opinion this system sucks big time, I would not recommend this box to anyone.

I am not doing anything wrong, I have followed the instructions in the book and still I can't get the frequency into the receiver.

I will give any Manufacturer credit where it is due, but I have been trying to get this thing to work for many days now and I am as sick as a parrot with it, I have fallen asleep with the instruction book in my hand.

Should I be found to have been stupid in doing something wrong I will admit it and say to all I am sorry, but until the solution is found then I am standing my ground on this issue, with no disrespect to you sir for your help which I greatly appreciate I still am sure that I must have a faulty box or other fault, why is the receiver shutting down whenever I try to put this frequency in?

All the connections are 100% ok this receiver is fresh out of the box and everything is go, I am able to receive 15 Satellites, I have a couple of Romanian friends working over here who would like very much to see information from their homeland, this is one of the reasons why I bought a motorised system, and why I want to imput the 12284 frequency so that I can record some of the News and other items of interest for them.

AlanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Combo 6900 HD

110cm Motorised Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
Robbo,

Thank you for your response so quickly, I have followed your instructions to the latter, BUT sadly the receiver shuts down whenever I try to imput the frequency.

There is a: (0) on the yellow bar but once I try to select the first part of the frequency 1 that is as far as I can go it refuses to allow any figures and just shuts down, I will telephone Technomate tomorrow and hope the Help Desk can assist me, and if that fails I will return the receiver.

Thank you so very much for trying to resolve this issue.

Alan

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, it does sound like you have a faulty one. The instructions I gave were not from the manual or anywhere. I have the TM6800 and that is how it is done. At no point should the receiver suddenly reset itself like that.

bluesteel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre dish
technomate 6900
My Location
north west
stop right there!!!
i had the same problem
its not a faulty receiver you simply have too many tps saved
you must first delete a tp before you can add one
find a tp on the satellite you wish to add a tp too that is not in use and delete it
ie look for a tp that is showing red instead of green then delete tp
next click on add tp
enter the frequency
job done:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Excellent bluesteel, I'd forgotton about that.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but having said that, it sounds like some pretty ropey software, what happens if all of your transponders are valid, does that mean you have to delete one which you'd also like to keep?

bluesteel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre dish
technomate 6900
My Location
north west
erm its highly unlikely all your transponders are valid
ive got 30 odd satellites scanned in and all of them have empty transponders