TM1500CI+ setup

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Hi, I should be getting my TM1500CI+ in the next couple of days and I want to be ready when I do. I am hoping that I can just plug it in to the line coming out of my wall and it will figure out what satellites my dish is pointing at. Is that too optomisitic?

First, I live in an apartment with about five or six other units all sharing one dish. The landlord says that the dish is pointing at Astra 19e and hotbird 13e. I don't know what kind of LNB's are hooked up but there's only one dish and it doesn't move. I poked around in the attic the other day and saw that everything on the dish is hooked into a couple of DiSEcQ switches. My assumption is that there are two quattro LNB's attached to the dish and they are plugged into those switching boxes. The other units are reporting that they are getting 1000+ FTA channels with Technisat receivers. Does anyone know what I will have to go through to setup my Technomate? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it is on those two satellites, you will simply have to allocate a diseqC number to each satellite, it will probably be A for Astra and B for Hotbird in Austria, but may be the other way around. :)

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Thanks Rolfw. Another quick question, though. Will I have to turn on the LNB power and 22kHz? The last thing I want to do is fry the LNB for the entire building!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just set the LNB to Universal in the receiver menu, most are set to that as default. :)