TM6800HD Super+ Some issues on setup

barrybristle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I use an 85cm oval dish running a Universal LNB through Technomate TM-2300 Super DiSEqC Motor to a TM6800HD Super+ tuner. External Sata 160Gb drive attached via USB rear connector. Sky Digiox still connected via LNB loopthrough. RS-232 port connected
My Location
Tarn et Garonne, France
My recently installed tuner is setup without real difficulty but:
- Although my USB PVR connection is working fine I get no response if I connect an e-Sata drive cable. I had thought of this as an alternative to USB?
- My EPG on FTA channels is distinctly lacking content. Most channels show No Information. Is this typical of these receivers? The Sky box attached via the loopthrough LNB shows all the usual information.

Otherwise it is working well. SAT changes are very fast through the TM-2300 motor and the upscaling clearly works to improve picture quality as against the SKY SD box.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You may have to wait for the EPG to load up on the 6800, and switch polarities on satellites to get the majority of them.

As for recordings, do you have the latest firmware update ? Many of the recording issues have been resolved using a RS232 update rather than the usual PC to USB one.

barrybristle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I use an 85cm oval dish running a Universal LNB through Technomate TM-2300 Super DiSEqC Motor to a TM6800HD Super+ tuner. External Sata 160Gb drive attached via USB rear connector. Sky Digiox still connected via LNB loopthrough. RS-232 port connected
My Location
Tarn et Garonne, France
Thanks for the advice Channel Hopper. Will check on firmware version.