To any users of a PCI DVB card

B

bullet

Hi

Can i use my Digital Recievers looptrough antenna output for the PC DVB card? How does this work... Do i have to shutdown the reciever or does it work just being posined at the right feed?

I have a motorized antenna with a Single output LNB as a Twin LNB would not run any good with this reciver. Force 1133S--

best regards
bullet

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you can Bullet, but you have to make sure that only one receiver is powering the LNB at a time or conflicts will arise. There can also be a problem with the secondary receiver, when the main machine will not pass the LNB voltage, so you may need to set up 4 dummy channels with both polarities using upper and lower bands and the main receiver powering the LNB.

There is also the option of using a smart priority switch or simple AB switch, but my personal favourite is the twin LNB as it is much less aggravation.

Why do you say that your receiver cannot use a twin LNB?

Rolf

B

bullet

hei rolf

The reciever "Force 1133S" aint got enough power for it to work properly, they said a Twin LNB is using to much power together with a motor its a no- ive tried a twin and its hardly working.
(I think the Force is a "shitty" tuner but thats another story.)

Now ive ordered a Humax 5400 IRCI 30 days after i bought a Force "can you believe that?" and will hook them up together, not sure wether i will use the Humax as main or not, but if the Humax can run a motor and a Twin LNB then i will use it as a main and think about keeping the Force as a Via/Conax system and the Humax as a FreeCAM system SECA/Irdeto/Beta... just worried if switching between tuners wiill be to much trouble cuz it sure aint no dream system if you have to turn the stuff off and on just to check whats on a channel... if i know myself then i will probably dig the Humax and get rid of the Force pretty soon.

another thing is that i got 3 tellys in my house including my PC, were i begin to lay all the cables is a big question for me, also trying to find a solution for operating the recievers in 3 rooms, bet thatll cost me plenty- the biggest problem is that single LNB with that damn Force, i should have got all my money back seing it cant operate properly.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be OK with a twin LNB Bullet, one side of it only uses the same as a single, so the PC Card will power the other side. I think you'll find that it works well and that loads of people use that setup with a Force. Mind you, if you're looking at yet another receiver then a quad might be better.

Rolf

B

bullet

rolf

Twin LNB with motorized antenna! Not just a twin LNB.
I know this doesnt work because i have tried it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I installed one yesterday Bullet, there is no more power usage on a twin than a single as the unit is effectively two totally self contained singles and the 2nd receiver powers the second LNB.

Even if your actuator is powered via the coax it should not cause a problem

Rolf.

B

bullet

well, will you explain to me why it doesnt work here then?
Even the installer dint know what was wrong until he contacted force where they said that the tuner doesnt have enough power for running both Motor and Twin LNB.....

J

Jim

A twin LNB is simply two electrically separate units in the same housing so if a single LNB works OK then so will a twin, unless the power consumption of one half of the twin happens to be more.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking Bullet-shit.

Regards

Jim

B

bullet

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 18-Jul-01 AT 07:52 PM (GMT)[/font][p]so, Force is full of shit, I think i will call up the reatailer and get some answers.

i just wonder why they say that twin lnb is pulling to much power if it isnt true, what could it be? Ive seen that it dint work with my own eyes, when the tuner was put for example from 13E to 19.2E it would go into slowscan and only after the OSD scan was complete acting just like there was power problems-

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry for the delay in coming back to you Bullet, I've just been checking out some info from the manufacturers' LNB specs.

It can be a little confusing because some of them give the single module power consumption on a twin and some give the power usage for both modules as a gross figure. It certainly seems to back up what we're saying and in fact the power usage can be slightly less in a couple of cases.

Rolf