to connect 2 tvs with one stb-zenega cd1004iS

vkwd7

Arcade Bandit
My Satellite Setup
Zenega cd1004iS stb dishtvindia connection and pc-windows xp and tv tuner card
My Location
ghaziabad-UP-India
sir,
good wishes to all the members from a new member.

I have dishtvindia connection and above stb-zenega cd1004iS.As the cricket world cup is appraoaching,I intend to see the matches without disturbing the family.So can I use the same stb for viewing tv in another room about 12feet away.
Dishtv india says you have to get another stb and connection for separate viewing of channels at a cost of Rs3650/=.
But someone over the net suggested that the serial port on the stb can be connected to the pc serial port and I can view the channels separately.Is it so. and it was also suggested to download the necessary software from the internet- what software and from which website I donot know!Is it really possible and help for DIY is sought , as I am a novice.
the other way that I tried and didnot work is that I connected the coaxial wire from the IFOUT port with the ballon end to my tv tuner card Realtek/ power link. I tried but none of the channels could be located by the viewing software-Pixelview playtv pro5.23.
since the world cup is also to be telecast by free to air channel Doordarshan Is ther a way out to watch in another room.
Or is there some other way . Or Is it necessary to seek a new connection?Please help.

with thanks and regards to all members
vkwd7

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want to watch a diffeent channel a second receiver will be required. I guarantee the "watch a different channel by using the serial port" is just an urban myth for the simple reason that a serial port does not have the capability to shift the sort of data rates needed for tv viewing.

As DD is free to air and cheap digital receiver would be suitable, although the lnb on the dish would need to be changed for a dual output type too as the second receiver would need its own cable feed..

My Satellite Setup
NSS6,DISH TV INDIA,KAON KSC-i260MCO
My Location
bahrain
Analoguesat said:
If you want to watch a diffeent channel a second receiver will be required. I guarantee the "watch a different channel by using the serial port" is just an urban myth for the simple reason that a serial port does not have the capability to shift the sort of data rates needed for tv viewing.

As DD is free to air and cheap digital receiver would be suitable, although the lnb on the dish would need to be changed for a dual output type too as the second receiver would need its own cable feed..
Hi,
If we change lnb to dual out put lnb,what about signal quality?will it be same as quality of single output lnb?