to easysat

georgebr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi mate
you replied to my post that i put in about dreambox and bt voyager 205 problems.
can we email to discuss this please.
the problem here is that this bt router blocks ports 4000 to 4020 tcp.so sometimes my dreambox will work for 10 min and stops or will never work at all,i think the router times out on the ethernet port.when i ping the tcp ports 4000 to 4020 it works fine its weird this bt 205 is a very bad modem if you guys have expericenced anything like this and solved the problem please reply to me.
thx
georgebridi@btinternet.com

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
georgebr said:
hi mate
you replied to my post that i put in about dreambox and bt voyager 205 problems.
can we email to discuss this please.
the problem here is that this bt router blocks ports 4000 to 4020 tcp.so sometimes my dreambox will work for 10 min and stops or will never work at all,i think the router times out on the ethernet port.when i ping the tcp ports 4000 to 4020 it works fine its weird this bt 205 is a very bad modem if you guys have expericenced anything like this and solved the problem please reply to me.
thx
georgebridi@btinternet.com
You can always send me a private message (top right of window) but I'm not a real expert on modems and networking. The suggestion about turning off the firewall is based on my own experience with the Dreambox and an SMC modem router. I don't have any experience with any other routers.

I would try to simplify things as much as possible to try to solve the problem. So connect the Dreambox direct to the router with a cable and only go wireless when the basic set-up is working. By the way, the Dreambox doesn't need to be connected to the dish if you only want to experiment with software loading and networking. You can put it temporarily in the same room as your computer and router while you run tests.