To Many Polls ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Don't you think that this section is absolutely swamped with polls.
There 10 different polls in this section, 3 of them with stickies.
It's got to the stage were everything else is swamped with them.

Can I suggest a section for POLLS ONLY. :-hijack
That's if anyone notices this thread, amongst the polls. :rolleyes:

:-Guill

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Let's have a vote on it O-Ha

L.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
On some boards only mods and admins can start polls, other users have to PM an someone or post a request somewhere for a poll.

This stops the place being flooded with polls and ensures that they are sensible and appropriate, it doesn't mean that there will be no silly polls, just not to many silly ones at the same time. This might not help here as most of the polls are started by mods or admins and the ones that aren't would probably have been approved anyway.

One problem with a polls only section is that people might not go into it and so not vote when they would if the poll was in a normal section.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Lancelot said:
Let's have a vote on it O-Ha

L.

Lancelot's right lets get another poll going and we can all vote on it. :-duel

I'm for the :-flame "Burn The Pollsters Party"

PS. I'm only joking. ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I was think the same thing yesterday, but they only stay at the top because people are casting votes. Trouble is that if you have a poll section it probably won't get visited, a bit of a catch 22. :)

Right, Moved a couple of the polls to other sections and closed the older or now pointless polls, so they will drop down the page. :)