To patch or not to patch!

S

Sata

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Mar-02 AT 11:51 PM (GMT)]Hello,

I have an irdeto free cam that already had been patched with the 2.017 patch. It's number is 901569 (I didn't find it on 2old4this list!).

My question is: Since it is already patched; does this mean that I can patch it to 2.018 safely?

I fear to fry it!

Please help me.

THX m8s in advance.

Sata Andrew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it's not one that I've heard of and as you're aware, some CAMs are one time flashable only. It could be a very expensive trial if it doesn't work.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I have just posted new info on how to identify the CAMs.
See http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/210_2.html

Maybe this will help you.
2old

S

Sata

Dear m8s,

I tried to patch the CAM using xaload, laptop, win98 & a dos window but whenever I am asked to put the CAM in the PCMCIA slot and I put it, the PC beebs than ask me for a driver for the new hardware found and it can't find any on the win98 CDROM and I have to stop the procedure!

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. Thanks a lot 2old4this for your reply. I didn't notice it earlier though! I was away from the net for sometime.

Sata

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
i believe from memory that the driver should be included in the xaload files, you should keep it all in a file on the C:\ route directory for ease of access.

Rolf

S

Sata

Thank you Rolfw for your reply.
I managed to patch the CAM using the driver from irdeto98.inf file.
Now using gold cards, I can visualize irdetoII (original cards), Via is OK, but no luck with SECA though it was working with the 2.017 version! It gives me the NVRAM filter error message with no pic!!

Any thoughts?

Sata

S

Sata

Hey friends,

I just want to thank you all for the info in this forum. I used the Mascetti patch and now it is working like a treat :-)
No filter errors and rapid clearing etc.. etc....

Sata :-)