To The Consumate Dreamer

pino2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dear T_G
I have a 5620 dreambox and I'm using the SF Image 31/08 with the latest EMU's 04/09 and the latest keys 04/09, everything is perfect, but I have some certain points
1- How can I delete the unused plugins completly from any folder.
2- How can I remove or replace the bootlogos background picture that shows up when I start the box, I know it's destination "root/platform/kernel/bild but no success to remove it or to replace it with another one.
3- The pictures used to stick if I'm rotating from a sat to another (I guess no solution for this at least at the time being)

Best regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Pino

Some difficult questions for an ignorant Dreamer like me. But I try nevertheless:

There is a directory called var/tuxbox/plugins, where I have put in some plugins such as jukebox. I suppose if you put something in you could also delete it. But I am not sure what would happen. The questions are
1) why do you want to erase it at all? If everything is working, leave it
2) If you have played around with FTP and loaded stuff, and now you want to go back to original, it might be easier to save your settings and reload the image.
3) Just go and try...no risk no fun. Be sure to have a Null Modem cable ready if the worst happens.
4) I tried the SF image and did not like it. It has some nice features, and the keys and emus loaded up nicely from the net, but on the other hand the sat finding was diabolical and it does freeze when zapping. Or just for no reason.
I am installing the latest Terminator V3 Image, a report will follow.

Regarding the bootup logo, no way I know the answer to that. Maybe someone else here has the answer??

And lastly, I did not understand what you meant by "The pictures used to stick if I'm rotating from a sat to another". Explain!

pino2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi T_G
Thanks for the great help, well I've solved my problem myself before reading your answer, I can't believe it I did it myself

1- How can I delete the unused plugins completly from any folder?
A- I've used the tuxbox flash tools and I removed all unused plugins + games as well

2- How can I remove or replace the bootlogos background picture that shows up when I start the box, I know it's destination "root/platform/kernel/bild but no success to remove it or to replace it with another one.
A- Also by using the tuxbox flash tools, I went to root/platform/kernel and I replaced the bootlogo "bild" with another one that I prefer.

3- The pictures used to stick if I'm rotating from a sat to another (I guess no solution for this at least at the time being)
A- I meant picture freeze when zapping.

With Tuxbox flash tools I took the SF image and edit it completly, I changed the bootlogo and the buttons and removed all unused stuff to free up some space and then I saved the image as .img, and now I have a handmade edited version of the latest SF image with latest EMU's and keys

Thank you again for the help

Best regards

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Have you tried re-flashing your new image?!?!?!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Does it work well? Does it freeze?
I tried it and wasn't too happy, I got the Terminator V 4 now on which is super stable (runs for days without probs)

pino2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The image after editing became 5.19 MB and then I added the EMU's and keys and I tested it for 1 day, there is freezing but less than before, I can live with it :cool:

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
pino2 said:
The image after editing became 5.19 MB and then I added the EMU's and keys and I tested it for 1 day, there is freezing but less than before, I can live with it :cool:

I've gone back to the SF image simply because it has the downloadable key thing. It is still not perfect, but better than most.