Took dish and motor down today.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI ALL

This afternoon I have taken the dish/motor assembly down due to all the bother I have been having. When I inspected the motor stub I got a nasty surprise. With all the high winds and the dish getting a battering, the nut and bolt what goes though and holds the stub was extremely loose which is why I couldn't lock on properly to all the satellites. Hmm. My neighbour would have loved me if that thing had dropped! But, in a roundabout way, this has done me a favour and now I can site the dish where I want to without paying anyone and without any real problems as I can do ALL the work. I am going to lose quite a few sats to the west which cannot be helped, but it's mainly eastern ones I want anyway.

So the dish motor is OK as well as the Gibby....good news! Won't have to fork out for new ones after all! :).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Splendid news, Tony.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
I'll still have Thor at 1W to line things up with so that's great. The Gibby is going to look big when it's only about 5 foot from the ground! :D:D:D:D. If anyone mithers me, I'll change it for an 85cm, but can't see it being a problem.

shamone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + Duo, Mut@nt HD51, Icone Wegoo,
1.3M Dish, Technomate TM-2600 Super,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB LNB, 53E - 30W + Fixed Zone 2 on 28E,19E,13E
My Location
N.E UK
I used to think that my 1M Gibertini was big until I got my cheap 2nd hand £13 unknown 1.3M dish:rolleyes:.

When the new sats at 40e range go up I might be tempted to dust off the Gibertini which has been hiding in the shed, and knock up a multi sat dish on the back end of the house.:D

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 29